Kenmore 500 series model 110.25132411 bypass door latch switch.

firstforme

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My latch switch is broken. Latch just clicks. You can manually hold switch and it will fill for a few seconds and then stop. I have taken the switch out. Switch plug has 3 wires blue/white/red. I just want to bypass switch and can't find any with my wire color configuration. :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

On these models you CAN'T bypass that lid/latch switch, and if you try to, you can damage the control board, then you'll need a $300 control board.

You'll need to replace it.

Here's the lid lock latch switch for your model you can order:
Door Lock W11307244

I posted a blog post on this lid/lock switch which I replaced it too, on a customers washer back in January: https://www.applianceblog.com/mvwx655dw1-maytag-washer-not-spinning/ that gives you instructions to Remove the Lock Assembly.

Jake

firstforme

Premium Member
Do not want to replace assembly. I have removed switch. Want to bypass switch snice I am the only one that uses washer and it's too9 expensive. I broke it being in a hurry.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't consider $50 too expensive, another washer would cost $400 to $500 new, used washer $150 to $200.

Like I said, you CAN'T bypass it, if you try your control board will burn out.

Jake

firstforme

Premium Member
Installed new switch. I have no clicking when starting. Now the red lock light doesn't come. The water fills for a few seconds then stops. Unplug, change to drain and spin you can hear what sounds like a solenoid valve engage then nothing.

After a minute just like with the normal wash setting the sensing light flashes like in pause mode. Push start again and light goes solid green and a minute later the light flashes again.

The sensing light is the only one that turns on. I think I burned the board the lid switch plugs into trying to bypass before I learned it can't be bypassed. What is the part number for the board. I think there are 2 of them and want to get the right one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the control board for your model: W11116589

Jake

firstforme

Premium Member
Have another question. Pull the board out of the plastic case. The board number is W10857313 Rev A. I did some searching and I found a new one for a very good price and it's a W10857313 Rev B. They are identical other than the relay is black on the Rev A and white on the Rev B. Will the Rev B work. If it will I will order. Had to wash at a laundry mat today. But my dryer works great. Jake I want to Thank You for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
W10857313 will not even pull up at any part sites, so that's either a bogus number or you typed it wrong.

Take a photo of it and upload it here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The part number is on the first photo, see where it says P/N: W10916477

The manufacturer has replaced part number W10916477 with part number W11116589

Jake

firstforme

Premium Member
Got my new board, installed and then ran it through diagnostic mode. When finished washed on express. It gets to spin and acts like it is running a rinse cycle. That is what bothered me before I broke it. The selector is set to single rinse but it acts like it's rinsing twice. All I can say is that it is working. Could the control for 1 or 2 rinse be bad and how do I check it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not understanding.

Make a video of what its doing with your Apple or Android phone then you can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake