• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 665.13255K113 Dishwasher Light Flashing

JynxedAppliance

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13255K113
Brand
Sears Kenmore
After running a cycle this morning, towards the end of the cycle all of a sudden the "Washing" and "Start/Resume" lights started flashing slowly and repeatedly until "Cancel" is pressed to turn off the lights.

I've tried a few troubleshooting methods such as turning off the power for 5 minutes, ensuring the water is still flowing normally, making sure the drain pipe is unclogged and empty, adding some water to see if the Drain cycle would run (which it did not) and lastly, trying to run the diagnostic test by the simultaneous 3-button selection 3 times. I made sure the filter was clean and unclogged as well.

As a note, when I ran the test, all the lights on the control board lit up and just never did anything else. They stayed lit for about 30 minutes before I finally just hit the Cancel button.

I'm asking here because I can't seem to find our manual because the dishwasher came with the house. Anywhere I look online wants $20-30 just to view the manual, much less purchase

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was water still in the tub when it did that?

Doing a Cancel/Drain cycle will not drain the water?

Do you hear any sound at all when it tries to drain? Like a hum sound from the drain pump underneath the tub?

Here's the tech data sheet for your model:

Attachments

• W10350140.pdf
    932.9 KB · Views: 66

JynxedAppliance

Premium Member
No the water was completely drained out from what I could tell. I pulled the drain tube and the water tubes to check them and from what I can tell they are both free and clear. The only water currently in it is from the troubleshoot test I did when it was recommended to add about a gallon of water and push the drain button to see if that would work.

Pressing the Cancel/Drain button does nothing currently.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Will the dishwasher start at all now or run the diagnostic test?

All the other buttons work and respond? If so, you may have a short in that keypad assembly.

Usually that's a short in the control panel keypad assembly when that happens.

To verify that, Do this below:
- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board.
- Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK, it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace control panel keypad.
B. If control board is not OK, it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model:

Jake

JynxedAppliance

Premium Member
The dishwasher will not run at all. When you press "Start", it sits there for about 3-5 seconds then the Start button light and the Washing LED light just flash slowly and repeatedly into perpetuity. I will attempt these steps tonight after I get off of work

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also check the door latch switch.

First remove the electrical connector from the door latch switch and ohm test it for continuity, also see if its broken.

The door latch switch is inside the assembly, just put your meter probes on the end of the electrical connector of the switch and push-in on the switch lever and see if you get continuity, continuity is 0 ohms.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model you can order:
W10619006 Latch-Door

"How to" video included in part link to remove and replace it.

Jake

JynxedAppliance

Premium Member
If this behavior happens whether to door is closed or not, would that lead you to believe it's the door latch? Also, I reviewed the video that goes with the latch and while they aren't the same part or same dishwasher, I'm assuming the process is pretty close to the same though, correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If this behavior happens whether to door is closed or not, would that lead you to believe it's the door latch?

Yes, possibly.

That video gives you the general idea of how to access it.

Here's another video that may be closer to your model:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.