• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 665.13262K113 Dishwasher won't drain

Geetyar

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13262K113
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a kenmore model 665.13262K113 and it just stopped draining today. I took the filter/drainage apart and checked for any blockages and found nothing. It was dirty so I gave it a good clean so probably not a bad thing. I then checked the drain hose and it appears to be clear. I didn’t take it apart, just checked it visually and felt it to see if I could feel any blockage.
When I press the cancel/drain button, I can hear the noise of something turning on(I assume maybe the drain motor) so I’m thinking that rules out the control panel. I haven’t checked the motor itself for full voltage yet.
what are your thoughts? Would it be better to take the hose apart? Over a bucket and try turning the drain pump back on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you hear the drain motor start there's a good chance it's getting the correct voltage but you can check it with a meter to be sure. I've seen broken pieces of glass jam the impeller and strip it along with a piece of plastic wrap get wrapped around the impeller. I've also seen one of those square plastic bread closers get caught in there and work like a flapper valve so if you're sure the drain hose is clear, start there by taking it off and checking for anything caught in the impeller. Have you recently installed a new disposer?

Geetyar

Premium Member
No, nothing new has been installed? Where exactly would I find the impeller? Is that the spot where the hose attaches?

rickgburton

Staff member

Geetyar

Premium Member
I just took it apart and the impeller looks fine. No obstruction. The hose seems dirty but water flows through when I poured some into the hose. I haven’t checked the voltage yet, that’s my next step but if I get 120v at the pump, but it’s not pumping, then I’ll just need to replace the pump?

Geetyar

Premium Member
I have a full 120v at the pump. I was able to drain the water in the tub when I held the cancel/drain button for 3 seconds. Sounds like a possible control issue?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, make sure the machine is in standby mode and try this:

Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”

Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes and has 25 intervals.

The diagnostic cycle starts with interval 25 and ends on interval 1.

Interval 25 turns on all the LED’s as a display test.

Intervals 24 – 23 – 22 and 21 are for error codes.

The Clean (or Completed) LED will flash the error codes in two parts.

The Clean LED will first flash the function code, pause for 2 seconds then flash the problem code, pause for 5 seconds then repeat three times.

If there are no error codes the Clean LED will stay on solid for 5 seconds.

Interval 20 is a 10 second pause. The Hi-Temp LED will be on.

Press the Hi-Temp key to clear the error codes. The Hi- Temp LED will blink twice to indicate the errors have been cleared.

Intervals 19 – 3 is the service diagnostic cycle. Intervals 2 and 1 are for error codes found during the diagnostic cycle

Let the diagnosis cycle complete the cycle then try it on a normal cycle.

Geetyar

Premium Member
I got error codes 6-4 and 8-1. I’m beginning to think it’s the check valve not sealing. Problem is I can’t seem to find it.....I must be getting tired. It’s a good thing I’m social distancing and had the entire day to fiddle with this problem.

rickgburton

Staff member
If the drain pump is getting 120 VAC and it's not draining the pump is bad. Error 8-1 is a drain impeller fractured error. Does it drain on any cycles?

Geetyar

Premium Member
Strange, it seems to be draining now. It’s very noisy, way noisier than its ever been before but it’s draining. I wonder if I jostled something loose in the pump to make it work for the time being but the loud noise makes me think it needs to be replaced still.

rickgburton

Staff member