• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 665.13409N412 Not running on smartwash cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

katzman299

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13409N412
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I am using a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13409N412. The machine will do nothing (but run the timer) on the Smartwash cycle. If I restart the washer and change to Normal cycle, that will run, but does not open the soap dispenser and the dishes do not dry (there is finish in the dispenser) and no heat. I have checked the float and no problems there. Checked the filter and no debris there. The water temp at the sink is 150 degrees. Ran the pan cycle and it runs.
No repairs have been done on the machine to date (none have been needed). I have about concluded that the board is bad, but cannot find a way to confirm that. The number 13409N 582-1 is also on the doorsill label and Ser. F62011285. Any ideas??
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This model has the door vent that has been a problem child that can cause this problem you are having now.

Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete Smartwash cycle. Then do the Normal cycle and see if the detergent dispenser opens and the dishes dry.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through the complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

katzman299

Premium Member
The smart cycle ran and worked this time, but sanitize did not work and dishes still wet. Replace the fan? Sanitize was also part of the previous problem before, so no change there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, with the wires STILL disconnected from the door vent, now do a Normal cycle and see if the detergent dispenser opens.

If Normal works good and the detergent dispenser opens, then with the wires STILL disconnected from the door vent run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Then report back and see if the heating works again too. If so, then yes order the new door vent assembly.:)

Jake

katzman299

Premium Member
running a normal cycle now. No numbered keys here (1 2 3). have cycles, delay, sanirinse, high temp, turboheat dry,,turbozone and start only.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No numbered keys here (1 2 3)
Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

Jake

katzman299

Premium Member
The dispenser did not open and no diagnostic cycle will start. Tried three different combinations of keys. No other info. Thanks Steve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it sounds like your control board is bad. Look for any burnt spots on it.

W10854222 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

katzman299

Premium Member
01/31/2020--I have opened and looked at and smelled the control board and find no evidence of overheating or burning. Viewed all components but did not view the back of the board. That said, the carrier has a missing screw in the tab above the carrier (there are plastic loops in the carrier to the board and corresponding holes in the sheet metal it rides on and the left hand screw is missing).
The fan gasket has leaked and soapy water has dripped onto the soap dispenser connection. that is likely why that does not work.
Any other ideas??? Steve McCreery

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Steve, I'm out of suggestions then, sorry I can't help you on this one.

Hopefully another tech that's seen this problem can assist you.

Jake

katzman299

Premium Member
I received a fan and soap dispenser and have now installed them. When I looked at the original fan, I noted that the seal was compromised-it looked like it had been installed crooked (metal rim cut into the seal) and then corrected. Result the water dripped on to the soap dispenser connection causing it to eventually fail. Also noted that the sanitize light flashes at the cycle end (has done this since problems appeared. I also noted that water temp is above 150 degrees-665 washers will not complete sanitation because heat element will not be on 10 minutes. Last statement correct?? That was noted in 665 washers error messages

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I would need to come to your house to see what's going on, I can't help you anymore just in this forum, I need to be with the dishwasher.

Have Sears come out to see what's going on: 1-800-469-4663

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.