Kenmore 665.13409N412 - Runs but no water

jbresner

Model
665.13409N412
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I've tried running a few different cycles. Hot water is in the pipe attached to the dishwasher but when it runs, no water appears to be used. On the cycle I normally use, the soap is properly dispensed but just is laying in the dishwasher—not dissolved because there's no water. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When you first start a cycle do you hear it filling with water?

If not, I'd first Check your float, its inside the front of the tub on the left or right side. Remove any items stuck under the float. Verify that the float moves freely up and down and you hear the “click” of the float switch contacts.

Remove the lower access panel and remove the water inlet valve electrical connector and put your multimeter leads in it(set your meter on AC VOLTS), then start a new cycle and see if your meter reads 120 volts after the cycle starts, if not, the control board is the problem if your float is not stuck UP and your float switch ohm tests good.

When the float is down, the float switch will be closed, which is continuity and should send 120 volts to the fill valve. Turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher, then Ohm test your Float Switch WPW10195039 for continuity when the button on it is pushed in.

If meter DOES read 120 volts after you start a new cycle and no water is coming in, then your water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
W10872255 Valve-Inlt

This video shows you how to access it: Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve Video

Jake