• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 665.13733K600 "Clean" light blinking

mvc

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13733K600
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,
The "Clean" light in this dishwasher blinks seven times then repeats. Based on the forum search, I reset the machine by pressing Heated Dry -> Normal -> Heated Dry - > Normal then repeated the wash cycle. However, after another run, the same blinking light issue came back. Looks like I may have to replace the heating element? Thanks for your help.

Note: I have another thread with the LG dryer not turning. Got two appliance issues within a week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its possibly the heating element is bad, but I always ohm test the heating element first to confirm that, make sure your breaker is OFF to your dishwasher when ohm testing.

Here's the heating element for your model you can order if yours is bad(Video Included):
Heating Element W10518394

Watch this video to ohm test the heating element:

Watch this video to replace the heating element or to access the element terminals which are all the way in the back.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

mvc

Premium Member
Jake,
I checked. Yes, the heating element failed the continuity test. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the replacement part in stock anywhere. This dishwasher is fairly old and had few other issues. Therefore, we have decided to go ahead and get a new unit. I really appreciate your help troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok @mvc sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake