• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 665.14573N612 Dishwasher Leaking after pump and heating element replacement

Lojack

Premium Member
Model Number
665.14573N612
Brand
Sears Kenmore
as I said above, my Kenmore 665.14573N612 Dishwasher stopped spraying so I replaced the circulation pump via YouTube and it worked but had no drying and was leaking from the bottom (mostly left). I replaced the heating element and that’s good now (not sure how I busted it) but it’s still leaking. I took the spray arm out rinsed it and water came out of the holes (not sure there’s a better test) but it’s till leaking and I’m beyond frustrated. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,
john

Lojack

Premium Member
I should also mention, it also leaks when I tip it forward during a repair. The poly fill in the bottom gets soak and it drops out from there. Not sure that helps. I haven’t checked the bottom gasket.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi John,

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model, in case others need it too: W11084656 Motor-Pump

For the NO HEAT problem--->Run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

I'd do that now, and let us know how it goes.

You will need to pull the dishwasher out some and get a floodlight or droplight and pinpoint where that leak is coming from.

Jake

Lojack

Premium Member
Thanks so much. Could the heat be the reason the top dishes aren’t getting clean? The last time I tried all the soap was finally gone but a few couples smelled dirty. I’m thinking of throwing in the towel and buying a new one unless I can fix this thing quickly.

Lojack

Premium Member
Also, when I looked inside during the wash cycle, I didn’t see the arms moving but both contained water and were dripping.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Lojack

Premium Member
Hello Jake, yes. Thank you gain. The reset fixed the heat. However, the top rack is still not getting clean. There aren’t any obstructions so I have no clue what is causing this. I didn’t have this problem before the pump broke. Is it worth fixing further? That additional part was half the cost of the dishwasher and I’m surprised all that two parts failed at once.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like you possibly got a defective pump motor assembly, where did you get it at?

I'd contact the place you got it at and they should be able to exchange it for another new one.

I've replaced many of these same pump motors and all have worked perfect for my customers.

Jake

Lojack

Premium Member
Jake, that’s what I was guessing but I’m at the point of buying a new dishwasher. 2 kids and 2 jobs, it’s tough to wash all these dishes.

I bought it at parts Dr. I told them already I think it’s defective and I would need to mail it back and then after receipt I’d get a replacement. Not sure if it’s worth the time, any advice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its up to you what you want to do.

Jake

Lojack

Premium Member
OK, I’ll double down. I noticed the company that sent it to me, it said fits Kenmore but is a whirlpool. I replaced with an OEM, I’ll pop it in Tuesday. I just canceled my replacement dishwasher order. Thanks for all your help, Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.