• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 665.15112K213 has lights and acts normal but will not start.

fryfoglea

Premium Member
Model Number
665.15112K213
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Dishwasher acts normal all of the buttons respond correctly. The only this is when I press Start it will it does nothing. I can press start again and it flashes 3 times and does nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
665.15112K213
I tried to find a tech sheet for this one online but came up empty....can you find the one that comes with the d/w?....this will have some hints and tips when a certain light is flashing.

jeff.

fryfoglea

Premium Member
Tech Sheet is w105908874. Tech Sheet says if its doing "Won't Start and Start/Resume key LED Flashes 3 times When Start/Resume Key is pressed".
Control looks for door to open between cycles: - customer didn't open door between cycles -Door switch contacts stuck closed.
It says that to measure the resistance door switch contacts while checking the mechanical operation of the latch assembly.

What does that mean? Should I just purchase a new door switch?

jeff1

Staff member
customer didn't open door between cycles -Door switch contacts stuck closed.
It says that to measure the resistance door switch contacts while checking the mechanical operation of the latch assembly
Door-Switch-W10274880-01563301.jpg Door switch

Ohming a 2 wire door switch...

[video=youtube;c7ADmjGIBq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7ADmjGIBq4[/video]

[video=youtube;DNiVyn_0qh0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DNiVyn_0qh0[/video]

Also make sure none of the plastic holder is cracked or broken.

jeff.

fryfoglea

Premium Member
I replaced the switch and it ran good all the way through 1 time. After that it started doing the same stupid thing. Any ideas?

jeff1

Staff member
Check the mechanism that activates the switch....not overly common but could be a bad part.

jeff.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member