• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 665.1598791 not draining on final drain cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh223

Premium Member
Ok so I did what you asked me to do and the machine does drain through the washing cycle it's just the last drain cycle that doesn't work.

Start the machine on a normal wash cycle. After the first wash the machine goes into a drain cycle. Check if the drain motor turns on. If not check if it's getting 120 VAC. If there is no voltage, replace the electronic control:
Control Board W10595569 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
View attachment 26811

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Does it wash and drain through the entire cycle but doesn't drain after the final rinse?

rickgburton

Staff member
First check the drain pump/line and make sure nothing is caught in it. Exchange the control board for a replacement board.

Josh223

Premium Member
First check the drain pump/line and make sure nothing is caught in it. Exchange the control board for a replacement board.
The drain line is free and routed correctly. I took it off when this problem started and flushed it all out. I took the drain pump off and made sure there wasn't any broken impellers. I guess I'll take the board out again. Is this the ONLY thing it can be? Is there a water sensor or something that might be bad?

rickgburton

Staff member
If it "worked perfect" for a while then stopped it sounds like the board again. Check for any shorts or bad connections.

sarahsez

Premium Member
Hi--I have a Kenmore model 665.13459 which isnʻt draining. When I hold down the Start button for 5 secs., it does go into drain mode--I can hear the motor working for a couple of chugs, then a pause, then it tries again, but no water drains. From reading all the above, it seems I troubleshoot differently depending on whether it has a separate drain motor or just reverses the single motor to drain. Could someone please tell me which my model has? Thanks

rickgburton

Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, on this model there is a backflow check valve in the elbow of the drain hose, if that is clogged it will never drain properly.

Here's our main thread on it:

That thread shows the black elbow which has the backflow check valve in it. Check it for clogs.

Kathryn and Tom found it clogged up, post #26 and post #27 and post #29.

Here's that drain hose with the elbow in it that contains the backflow check valve:
WPW10545278 Drain Hose

Let us know what you find.

Jake

sarahsez

Premium Member
Hi--I have a Kenmore model 665.13459 which isnʻt draining. When I hold down the Start button for 5 secs., it does go into drain mode--I can hear the motor working for a couple of chugs, then a pause, then it tries again, but no water drains. From reading all the above, it seems I troubleshoot differently depending on whether it has a separate drain motor or just reverses the single motor to drain. Could someone please tell me which my model has? Thanks
FIXED: It was a clogged air gap--I had checked the hose which was clear but I had missed a wooden match tangled up with a wad of gunky stuff right under the cap of the air gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.