Kenmore 790 oven control panel out

leff1268

Premium Member
Kenmore range Model# 790.92681301

Oven control panel is out - black - no response, no codes, no clock, no lights. So the oven doesn't work but the burners work.

Took off back panel, inspected wires. No easily apparent damage or shorts or burn-throughs.

Also unplugged and replugged to cycle power, but nothing.

Any advice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your EOC clock/control board is bad.

Here is the EOC clock/control board for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer part number 316557511 is RepairClinic item number 1862740

You just pull the range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel from the top back console, and you will see the clock assembly mounted with 4 screws.

Before you remove the wires from the original one, get a piece of paper and write down where they go to. Then remove the wires, and install the new clock assembly and put the wires in the exact same place.

But before you install the new clock assembly remove the overlay from the original one, just peels off, then put it on the new one.

Jake

leff1268

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I appreciate the help. By looking at the range, looks like the control panel is pretty easy to replace (?)

The panel you sent me looks like the one but the Sears site has a different part number (but doesn't have a photo)
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=316218609&productGroupId=0022&supplierId=628&documentId=R0308087&pageId=00001&searchModelNumber=79092681301&backToLink=Return to part list&subCompDesc=BACKGUARD

Are they the same part? And should I buy a new overlay to place on the front of the panel?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You don't need the control panel, you need the control board that I linked to above.:)

No, you can just peel off the overlay on the old one and put it on the new one.

Jake