• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 795.73063.410 slow water and ice

LuckyInLouisvil

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello.

I've read through some of the threads and looked around online for an answer before posting. My water is running ridiculously slow and ice runs out every day in our Kenmore 795.73063.410. I've tried replacing the filter and had no luck. I've used the water filter bypass and it's still slow.

I've looked and the water line and it seems free of any problems. Any help you can give would be amazing considering it takes a few minutes to fill up a glass with water and that's mostly what we drink. Not to mention having to buy big bags of ice knowing we will run out all the time.

Thanks so much!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel, then you will see the water inlet valve where your water supply line connects to. Remove the tubing from the water inlet valve, then get a bucket or container to catch water in, then put it underneath that water inlet valve, then have someone press the water dispenser and see how much water comes out. It should come out fast with good water pressure. If not, and your water supply line has good pressure to the water inlet valve, then the problem is the water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve AJU72992601

Jake

LuckyInLouisvil

Premium Member
Thanks for that Jake. I replaced the inlet valve and got really excited that it might work. Unfortunately it still is slow as molasses.

I unplugged the water line to the refrigerator and even with the new inlet valve it's still slow out of the inlet valve. This leads me to believe it has to be the water supply line. I checked that and there is no kinks or anything in it. I've attached a picture of the connection to the pipe in my basement as reference. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 20200423_131415.jpg
    20200423_131415.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 44

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks like a needle type self-piercing type shut-off valve, those tend to clog up, its better to replace them with a 1/4" shut-off valve type.

Take the water supply line off to the water inlet valve then get a bucket or container to catch water in and turn it on directly from the water supply line, and see how fast it comes out.

Jake