• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 80 Series Clothes Washer - Extremely Low Water Pressure

ArdyR

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 80 Series Clothes Washer (Model 110.92582100) which has an extremely low flow rate on the cold water inlet. It used to be that the Hot water fill had the lowest rate of flow, the Cold water fill was better than Hot, and the Warm water fill was awesome.

Over the years, those fill rates have declined overall to the point that the Hot and Warm water fills currently are barely acceptable and the Cold water fill is barely a trickle. Recently, it took over 30 minutes to fill the tub with Water Temp set to Cold/Cold and the Water Level set High.

Does this decline in fill pressure make sense to anyone? Is there any type of flow regulator in the water's path of flow to filling the tub? Is there any type of filter or other point of potential flow restriction along that path?

Most of my clothes are washed on the cold setting, so that has become a real problem. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can provide on this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First turn the water supply off on both hot and cold, and remove both fill hoses from the water inlet valve and check the screens for sediment build-up.

Read this link:

http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#slow

The screens can be easily prised out with a small screwdriver and cleaned.

If the screens are fine, then you would need a new water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer part number 285805 is RepairClinic item number 868761

Here's the help video to change it:
<embed height="385" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fk4puRv3Vk8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

Jake