• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 911.47754200 double oven f7 error

Dozmodo

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi I am trying to repair my oven, I have 16 people
Coming for dinner and no repairman is returning our calls. I broiled ribs in the oven, hours later it started beeping with an F7 error code.
when broiling I noticed the display panel was getting hot and loosening. Wondering if it’s that or the control board. I keep finding conflicting answers online.

Woul love some help. We have turned off the power and tried to turn it back on. The bottom oven ( it’s a dial works fine) but the top isn’t doing anything. It’s all digital. Which leads me to think it’s the display panel. But I can’t stop the beeping to use just the bottom oven.

can someone help with which I need to replace? Thank you. It’s a white/beige colored oven.
thank you.
shell

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi shell,

For the F7 error code:

Here is a test to find out whether its your key panel or control board:

Determine if problem is with the Key Panel or Control Board by:
1. Pushing CLEAR/OFF pad.
2. Disconnecting Ribbon Cable from control and waiting at least 32 seconds to see if Code recurs

If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control board.

If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

Unfortunately, nether is available anymore.

Here's the Key Panel:

Here's the Control Board:

Jake

Dozmodo

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake. Would you happen to know if there is a way to stop the digital panel from beeping when the breaker is in? A way to disconnect the top oven, flor lack of my very limited electrical knowledge. My bottom oven is not digital it is controlled by a knob I turn and it works fine. It still heats and lights. I am hoping there is a way I can disconnect the top but use the bottom still without the annoying beeping. I only need it for 6 more months then the house gets torn down.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is no way that I'm aware of to disconnect the top oven or the beeping without removing the Key Panel ribbon cable from the control board. If the bottom oven is all dials, then that may work fine for you to still use the bottom oven.

Disconnect power to your double oven before removing the Key Panel ribbon cable from the Control Board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake