• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Air Purifier problem

Khat

Model Number
d42 m32957
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I'm not sure that this is the right area for this, but it is kind of similar, so, sorry if I should have put it somewhere else.

I bought a Kenmore air purifier, model # d42 m32957, second hand about a year ago. It worked fine for a little while, and then stopped. Being passably mechanically inclined, I simply opened up the back, took it apart and cleaned it out (There was a LOT of built up hair and fibres around the spindle, which is what, I assume, was stopping it.) The motor runs fine now, but the plastic fan (one of the round vent type ones,) which was held on with nothing more than a clamp around the center section that tightened it around the metal spindle, now moves backward or forward with the motor's vibrations and inevitably hits the purifier's casing. I have tried one of those 'glue everything' glues, but it has not helped. I would really like to get this working properly again, as I bought two years worth of filters (to get the discount) at a ridiculous cost, just before it stopped working, and now all that money has been wasted otherwise.