• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Coldspot (2006) - Freezer and Fridge are Room Temp

Brynwall

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Coldspot 106.56703500 that seems to be having an issue with keeping the freezer and fridge cool; they are basically room temp.

• I've cleaned the coils, fan, and everything under the fridge, but it didn't seem to help.
  • The condenser is also warm to the touch so I know it is getting power...
  • I can feel a little bit of air coming from the freezer and fridge fans on the inside, but it seems very light.

Any suggestions?

Brynwall

Premium Member
Update: left it running all day and it is a tiny bit cooler, but still not even close to cold. It sounds like the compressor is running just fine though...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bry,

Remove the back panel inside the freezer and look at the frost pattern on the evaporator coil, even better would be to take a photo of it and upload it here.

Then look at these photos below and tell us which one yours looks like.

(click to enlarge)
Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Brynwall

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. The fridge has been off for quite a while. How long should I let it run before checking it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Let it run 2 hours first.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bry,

If the compressor is running and there is no frost on the evaporator coils there's a sealed system problem. The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions. Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Labor Day Appliance Sales are still going on, I recommend Whirlpool: Whirlpool Refrigerators Labor Day Sale

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, sorry the news couldn't be better.

Jake