• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Coldspot Model#: 106.57029601 - - Won't Make Ice

freezer_ice

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Good evening everyone. First of all, thank you so much for this forum and the knowledge you're willing to share.

As mentioned in the title, I have a Kenmore Coldspot that recently stopped making ice. It was manufactured in 05/2007. I tried the internet and stumbled upon this forum. I found this post specifically: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...ice-maker-water-supply-at-the-solenoid.14904/.

So this is the situation:
  • The water dispenser on the door works
  • The ice dispenser buttons on the door works (except there's no ice to dispense)
  • The motor and ice auger and everything else work
  • The ice maker will cycle on it's own, I don't have to jump it or anything. The teeth cycle freely, I just can't get any water to spray in order to make ice
  • Everything "works" on the ice maker, I just can't get any water to flow from the black inlet tube without bypassing solenoid

I think I've traced the problem back to the module, or maybe a wire somewhere? I bypassed the ice-maker solenoid using the "cheater cord" and it successfully sprayed water from the black inlet tube. I didn't have to bypass the water solenoid because it's already working. Is there anything else I can test at this point? Is there a loose wire somewhere? Is it possible that something is loose so the "ice power plug" can't successfully transmit the signal to the solenoid to spray the water into the ice maker? I apologize if this is vague, I don't have a lot of experience with electricity or appliances. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 70

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

freezer_ice

Premium Member
Hey rick. Thanks for the response. I'm just wondering, is there anything else I can check at this point before purchasing a new assembly? Everything on the current assembly seems to work fine but when it gets to the point to call for water, it won't call for water. Would this be something I can troubleshoot?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You can check the wires between the water valve and the ice maker for continuity.