• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side 106.51713411 icemaker and water dispenser are not working

logicalmonkey

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi there,
Neither the icemaker nor water dispenser are working on my Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side (model 106.51713411, circa 2004-2005).

I noticed the ice maker had just stopped making ice, and then that the water wasn't working either. I looked at the settings and it looked like it might be an issue with the filter (said 0 gallons left) so I replaced that. Still nothing.

It's making this grinding noise every so often, like it's trying to do something (make ice?).

At this point, I just want to turn OFF the icemaker and water dispenser. Is it possible to do that?

Thank you for any guidance/tips - they would be much appreciated. I am not handy and am planning to do a kitchen re-model sometime soonish so don't want to pay a lot to have someone come out and repair it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like you may have broken wires. This has been very common on this model.

Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker/and or water dispenser to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure this is the correct model? It shows this model was made in 2017 not 2004/2005.

Take a photo of your model number tag and upload it here please.

Jake