• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Kenmore died

JETMORE

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
2
Location
lusby
Model Number
665.60601000
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Age
More than 10 years
my wife simply rubbed the filter underneath and the entire microwave just died. no lights on, no screen reading, what the crapola?

anybody know what i need to do?

thanks a lot of piles.

ronny
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,817
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

my wife simply rubbed the filter underneath and the entire microwave just died
Sounds like a coincidence.

just died. no lights on, no screen reading, anybody know what i need to do?
Checked the outlet plug with a radio or lamp?

House fuse/breaker, internal fuse, thermostat would be prime suspects for stopping everything from working.

Line-Fuse-W10138793--00566237.jpg Line fuse Manufacturer Number W10138793

jeff.
 

JETMORE

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
2
Location
lusby
Thanks

Breaker is fine. How do i locate the fuse? Do i have to remove the microwave from the wall?

Thanks
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,817
Location
Ontario, Canada
Normally the unit can stay in place, upper grill is removed and the consol ( key panal where you push in the selections ) screw is removed to lower the consol down towards you to access the fuse. #28 is the fuse.

jeff.
 
Top