• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.12773K311 - Do I need to replace the Drain Pump

hillbie

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12773K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Elite 665.12773K311 - We had a leak Christmas Eve :( Ironically, we purchased it exactly 8 years ago at Christmas. The attached video shows where we see water dripping from. Looks like the drain pump. I think it's item W10914557. I'm hoping for some confirmation that we are heading in the right direction, it's the correct the part needed and the model, before we purchase. If the hypothesis is correct, how difficult is this to fix? We have fixed appliances before.....very handy.

Additionally, the dishwasher pump is working and draining. Any thoughts on just taking it apart and seeing if something is jammed in there or even replacing the o ring?

Added complete model number

Attachments

• 2021-12-24 21.31.49.mov
    32.6 MB
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing some digits in your model number, read it from the model number tag, which is located inside the door on the tub frame.

It should start with 665.

Jake

hillbie

Premium Member
The whole number is: 665.12773K311 I didn't know those numbers made much difference. Thank you for asking.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it makes a big difference.:)

Yes, your drain pump is leaking and it will need to be replaced.

When you click the drain pump part link below you will see a video of how to remove and replace it.

W10914557 is not the drain pump for your model.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10531320

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
hillbie said:
didn't know those numbers made much difference.

All parts of a model number are important and only the model number as written directly on the appliance's ID. What you quoted is just a Sears 'stock' number that identifies the basic product style but nothing specific.

JFYI

Dan O.

hillbie

Premium Member
Yes, it makes a big difference.:)

Yes, your drain pump is leaking and it will need to be replaced.

When you click the drain pump part link below you will see a video of how to remove and replace it.

W10914557 is not the drain pump for your model.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10531320

Jake
Thank you! Great information! After watching the video, I am wondering if I can remove this part without pulling out the dishwasher? It seems the part is very accessible and easy to disconnect/connect. Your expertise and guidance is appreciated.

hillbie

Premium Member
Additional info. The part is out of stock EVERYWHERE. With the supply chain issue everywhere, who knows when it become available. If anyone here has this in stock, I'd love to purchase.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you should be able to replace it without pulling the dishwasher out.

This video gives you the general idea:

The part is out of stock EVERYWHERE.
Yes, I noticed that too, hopefully it will come back in stock this coming week.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
hillbie said:
The part is out of stock EVERYWHERE. With the supply chain issue everywhere

It's been like that for over a year now. A lot of stuff is on a slow boat from China (literally).

At least it still works. Put down a pan beneath and wet vac it empty occasionally? As long as it isn't dripping onto wiring or wetting the floor, it might still be ok to use until the part becomes available again.

JMO

Dan O.

hillbie

Premium Member
Update: This part is on back order everywhere....so I went online to ebay and purchased it used. It was the only seller at the time. Just got it today. It took a while, due to the seller being closed for the holidays. Here's a picture. See the crack? Is it going to leak? If it's just cracked plastic and won't leak, at least it will buy us some time & we can install it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2022-01-08 16.49.24.jpg
    2022-01-08 16.49.24.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have no clue if it will leak or not, sorry.

But I sure wouldn't install it with a crack like that.

Jake

hillbie

Premium Member
New update: We installed the part....it's not leaking, even though it's cracked. However, we have another leak. Maybe it was the actual leak, but it doesn't matter. The part we replaced was broken and was missing part of the clip that held it in place. Maybe even came from the factory that way. It was very easy to replace and we didn't pull out the dishwasher to get it done. Here is a picture of the possible new leaking part. (This pic is not our unit - I screen shot it from the installation video.) It's a very slow drip. I'm going to post a video of what we saw underneath.

This part is full of yellow corrosion and white build up. This could have been a slow leak for years. And even dry up on the floor without making it's way outside the dishwasher for us to see. We "think" this is a leaking part. However the leak could be higher and this is just where we are watching it drip from. In the mean time, is this part hard to replace? I realize we need to pull out the dishwasher. Is it something that should be replaced? Or at this point, just buy a new dishwasher?

Attachments

• new borken part.jpg
    new borken part.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That other leak is coming from the diverter seal in the sump. You have to order the sump to get the seal. Then its also best to replace the diverter motor at the same time, because water gets in that diverter motor and ruins it.

Here's the sump assembly for your model:
WPW10455268 Sump

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
W10537869 Motor

Jake

hillbie

Premium Member
Thank you! We are now using the dishwasher & it barely leaks. This 2nd leak has probably been going a while and because it's so little, we never saw it. I'm not sure if we'll replace the parts or not. Thank you for your help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thanks for the update.(y)

Jake