• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Dishwasher 665.12783K312 Flashing and beeping, never proceeds past the wash cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

seansds

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12783K312
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello -
This site has been a great help as I troubleshoot my Kenmore Elite 665.17893k312 - thank you.
I'm experiencing some odd behavior I haven't quite found here, but it seems that it is probably time to replace the Control Panel or the Control Board. Often, the following lights are illuminated solid - Cancel/2HR/8H4/Sanitized. Sometimes, the 2HR, 8HR, and Sanitized lights just flash almost like a strobe light.

I went through the test where you remove disassemble the door and disconnect the control panel. This is the result of that test for me:

"(A) IF CONTROL IS OK (NO LONGER SEES STUCK KEYS WITH KEYPAD UNPLUGGED), IT WILL RESPOND BY TURNING ON THE DRAIN MOTOR FOR 2 MINUTES. REPLACE KEYPAD AND CONSOLE."

I'm confused, though, as to what part the "Keypad and Console" is. Specifically... is the console part of the keypad or is it the electronic "brain" of the dishwasher?

Do I need to start by replacing this part: WPW10481070

or this part:? W10866118

One is called "Panel-Cntl" and one is called "Cntl-Elec". Given their cost, I want to confirm I'm starting with the right one! :)

Thank you so much for your help!

seansds

Premium Member
Quick update: Now, those lights are solid, but the dishwasher is beeping every few seconds and the "cancel" light sometimes flashes when it beeps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The "Keypad and Console" is the lights and buttons you press on the top of the dishwasher door

Here's the BLACK control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10481070 Panel-Cntl
whirlpool-crown-asm-ken-wpw10481070-ap6022104_01_th.jpg

Here's the STAINLESS STEEL control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

seansds

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake! I'll order the part and let you know. You offer a tremendous service here - thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Sean!

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

seansds

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

New control panel keypad assembly is now installed and thankfully, that panel is not flashing and beeping at me like the old one was. :) However, it does not appear as though that was my only problem.

Now, when I run the diagnostic, the dishwasher displays a few codes and then just stops before proceeding. Intervals 20-1 do not run at all.

I also tried to use the dishwasher today and it behaved oddly. After 3 hours, it never proceeded past the wash cycle. About every 15 seconds, the three lights on the top of the panel that were displaying "Normal Wash" "Smart Dry" and "Start", along with the "WASHING" light on the front of the dishwasher would blink off for a few seconds and then start back up again as the wash began again. It would still be doing this if I didn't stop it. :)

Reading your responses to others, I disconnected the vent fan. With the vent fan disconnected, the full diagnostics ran perfectly. The error code at the end of the process was "10-3" (Drying Fan Error), which makes sense since it was disconnected.

So, I'm going to order a new vent as well now and hope that resolves everything! Is that how you would proceed?

I have one additional question. I noticed after the diagnostic test that there are some areas on the outer door where there is a very small amount of water leaking. I've circled those areas in the photo I'm attaching. Is that cause for concern? I'm assuming that whole outer door should be dry?

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• wet dishwasher door.jpg
    wet dishwasher door.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Sean, glad to hear the new control panel keypad assembly fixed the beeping and flashing problem.(y)

Reading your responses to others, I disconnected the vent fan. With the vent fan disconnected, the full diagnostics ran perfectly.
Fantastic! Yes, you nailed it! The new vent assembly will fix it completely now!

Here's the vent assembly for your model:
WPW10469574 Vent

Its comes with a new vent seal and it will also fix that leak.

I located a video that shows you how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

seansds

Premium Member
Jake - the replacement vent assembly arrived yesterday and I installed it last night (thanks for the video - it made the process really simple). After installing, I went through the diagnostic / testing and for the first time in a couple of weeks.... there were no error codes flashing back at me! The vent assembly and touch control panel seem to have resolved all our issues with the dishwasher. If not for this forum, I would have never attempted these repairs myself. Honestly, I wouldn't have known even how to begin to diagnose the problem. So, thanks! You're providing a great service here and definitely saved me money and time over hiring a repair person or potentially buying a new dishwasher. Many thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wonderful Sean, glad to hear the new vent assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Yes, that's the key to this site is we try to help everyone save money and time by doing appliance repairs themselves, and not having to wait 3-7 days for a service call.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.