• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.12783K313 Blinking "washing" and "add a dish"

TadA

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12783K313
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Elite model 665.12783K313. About five minutes into a wash cycle, the dishwasher stops operating and on the front panel the words "washing" and "add a dish" blink continuously.
Turning off power at breaker for 20 min did not help.
Thanks
TadA

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

TadA

Premium Member
Also just tried running with smart wash and sani-rinse. Cycle ran for about 15 min, then stopped and "washing" was blinking again, but this time the "add a dish" was not on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

665.12783K315 did not pull up as good, 665.12783K313 did pull up as good, are you sure that 5 at the end is not a 3?

If the model number tag is difficult to read, take a photo of it and upload it here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! Your model has the problematic door vent that can cause this problem you are having.

Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I'm attaching the tech data sheet below. On page 6 do--->Service Diagnostics with Error Codes

Let us know what error code/codes you are getting.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10543820 - Rev B.pdf
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 46

TadA

Premium Member
Jake
I with dry vent disconnected and the problem remained. I then tested with UI touch control disconnected and was successful in that the dishwasher went through the drain cycle as per the tech sheet. Seems to me the UI is the issue. Would you say the same or should I try something else. If it is the UI can you confirm the part number?
Thanks
TadA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes TadA, you are exactly correct. The control panel keypad assembly is the culprit.

Here's the BLACK control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10481070 Panel-Cntl
whirlpool-crown-asm-ken-wpw10481070-ap6022104_01_th.jpg

Here's the STAINLESS STEEL control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake