• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.12793K312 New diverter motor, clicking but turning?

ArizonaMTB

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K312
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello there, first I'm sorry to ask this as I'm sure it has been addressed in a prior thread but from my searches I couldn't find these exact issues together.
My Kenmore 665.12793K312 was not cleaning my dishes properly as the upper and lower arms where not working properly. After research and noticing the small leak coming from the diverter motor I ran the diagnostic cycle and the error codes that came up prior to running the cycle were; F9E1, F9E4, F6E2 and F9E2. I reset the codes and ran the diag cycle and got error codes F9E1 & F9E4, the other 2 did not appear. I ordered and replaced the diverter motor and diverter motor seal (gasket).

I ran the diag cycle and a complete wash cycle but it still is not cleaning properly. It does go through a complete cycle with no issues. It sounds like there is plenty of pressure coming from the spray arms, the diverter motor does not rotate during the first few diag cycles, it clicks but it does start rotating half way through the diag cycle and stops clicking while rotating. I honestly don't remember if the old diverter motor clicked so I don't know if it is normal and being new why it is happening or what the issue could be.
Last error code to come up was; F6E4.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Your model has the problematic door vent that can cause this problem you are having.

Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

ArizonaMTB

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay getting back. I have disconnected the door vent and I am still having the same issue. The washer is completing it cycles but it is not cleaning the dishes. I did receive error code F9 E4 upon completion. It appears the diverter valve is turning and working and I can hear the jets inside which sound like full pressure but something else is not right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do exactly what it says to do here for F9E4:

Screenshot 2021-08-01 16.48.58.png

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:

Jake