• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13039K113 Thermal fuse location, not heating

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13039K113
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello

I'm currently having issues finding the location of the thermal fuse in my DW. The problem I'm having is that the water is not hot & the dry cycle doesn't work (happened a few days ago). So I did some research & found out it could be the heating element (which I just tested...reading 10 ohms) or the thermal fuse could be bad. I'm assuming that's the culprit but I can't find anything on the web that has my DW specs. I greatly appreciate any help you can give me! 😊 TIA!

*Update
I found the thermal fuse. It's got continuity so it's good. So what could be the problem now?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, the only part left that controls the heating element is the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
W10482988 Electronic Control Board

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
Ok cool! Thanks for that! Is there a way to test the board like how I was able to test the heating element & thermal fuse? I forgot to mention earlier that right before it quit working properly I did smell a real bad burnt plastic smell. I thought something plastic fell onto the heating element but nothing was on it. Thinking about it now maybe that was the board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that plastic burning smell is likely the control board, make sure you disconnect power to your dishwasher before you access/replace it.

Is there a way to test the board like how I was able to test the heating element & thermal fuse?
We just did that through process of elimination.:) Meaning if the heating element ohms good and the thermal fuse ohms good, then it can only be the control board that's bad.

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
Ok then 😊 I shall order the board & let you know how it all goes. It may take a lil while for me to update you but I'll do my best!😊 thank you so much again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Yes, let us know how it goes.

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
🌟 Update

Well...I wish I could jump for joy right now but I'm afraid not. Lol. It was definitely the board. The old one was fried. Lol so I got the new board & plugged everything back in the way it was. Started it up & now its SO loud & the rinse aid motor thing is super loud & its burning hot. Almost burned my hand. Back to the drawing board 😒 I'll attach a video of the loud noise (I think its the rinse aid motor). Hopefully you can hear it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, was this happening before you replaced the control board? You ordered the new control board from my link to it above at AppliancePartsPros?

Because I use to see this same problem in Oregon when I worked as a Sears Tech, and you had to replace both the detergent dispenser assembly and control board and that always fixed it.

Here's the detergent dispenser assembly for your model:
WPW10195175 Dispenser

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
Thanks for your response. No I've never heard it do that before the old board fried. The DW made its usual noises but nothing like what it did today.

I did not order the board from the link you sent me. I'm a little short on funds so I had gone another route & got a board somewhere else.

So basically I'm going to need a new detergent dispenser?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No I've never heard it do that before the old board fried. The DW made its usual noises but nothing like what it did today.

I did not order the board from the link you sent me. I'm a little short on funds so I had gone another route & got a board somewhere else.
That tells me you were sent a defective board, so contact the place where you got it from and let them know.

Unfortunately, getting it from that place you got it from burned out the dispenser solenoid as well, so your going to end up spending more money to replace the detergent dispenser now, instead of just the control board, which was all you need to fix it.

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
*Update

Sorry for the delay. Been crazy on the home front here.
Ok I got a soap dispenser (its used but been tested). Installed it today & was all excited UNTILLLL.....extremely loud buzzing noise came back on the soap dispenser. Lol uggh! I ran the dw anyway (just unplugged the dispenser) just to see how it ran. It ran the way it should. It's hot inside & the dry cycle works. So that part seems to be fixed. So why is the dispenser making that very loud buzzing noise? Is there a way for me to test the control board? Does the dw need reset? I don't even know if mine can do that. Thanks again for your time & help. This is maddening! 😖Lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need to replace both the control board and dispenser at the same time to fix it permanently.:)

Trust me I've been through this as a Sears Tech in Oregon quite a few times on my service calls there.:)

Make sure both the control board and dispenser are both NEW OEM parts. Aftermarket, used, or refurbished parts from God knows where will not cut it. LOL

We recommend getting NEW OEM parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, all parts from them ALWAYS has a 365 day warranty.

Jake

wizegrl00782

Premium Member
Lol thanks Jake. Sometimes going the cheap route isn't always the best. My parents always told me as a kid you buy cheap you get cheap. Lol. I'll update once its working properly. Thanks again 😊

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake