• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13229N411 Not Heating and Reset Sequence

lawndeeds

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13229N411
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher that's not heating the water. Just a day prior I replaced the circulation pump. The washer had stopped spraying. After replacing the circulation pump the washer is spraying but now its not heating. I am wondering if it could be one of the following things:

1) Maybe just coincides and the heating element or the thermostat failed at the same time as the circulation pump? (would be odd but possible)
2) Maybe the control panel is the real problem and something is acting up?
3) Maybe I accidentally unplugged something while working on the pump. The pump was easy to access so that would be unlikely but possible.

I wanted to reset the machine to see if it reveals something. So also any help on the reset sequence for this machine would be helpful . Thanks!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, check to make sure you didn't accidentally disconnect the heating element wires, and also the hi-limit thermostat wires too.

Yes run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back if its working good again.:)

Jake

lawndeeds

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

Thanks! Once again you have come through! :)

After running the diagnostic cycle the heating element seems to be working. That now leaves me wondering if the circulation pump was actually broken or just that machine needed resetting? I still have the old pump and I tested it with a multimeter for omhs and nothing. Did I properly test the motor? I'd also like to understand what causes this reset sequence to actually make the machine work again, what is it doing? What caused the heating element to stop working in the first place?

Thanks a bunch!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I still have the old pump and I tested it with a multimeter for ohms and nothing.
Did you have your meter set at the lowest ohms setting? Did the numbers on your digital meter change at all when you ohm test it?

Yes, the wash motor was likely bad anyways, that has been a major issue on these models.

The control board resets everything when you run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE.

Anytime you replace a part you need to run it.:)

Glad to hear the heating element started working again after you ran the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE. (y)

Jake

lawndeeds

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

Yes, I tested the old pump with all levels of ohms and nothing moved, was at 1 the whole time. I assume thats a dead motor, correct?

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, dead wash motor.:)

Jake