FIXED Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13482K900 Not Draining

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
Model
665.13482K900
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I was given a Kenmore dishwasher Model #665.13482K900. It was hardwired at the previous owner's home. So it has yet to be rewired for an actual plug before being placed in my own home.

The problem the previous owners had with it, was that it would drain all but 2 inches of water before drying the dishes. I have found similar models with the same issue. But have not found anyone with the same model. From what I have read, most of them were told it was a check valve that needed to be replaced. I was wondering if this is the same issue and if replacing this check valve could be my solution. If so, where would I find one and how would I go about replacing it?

TIA,
Courtney

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Courtney,

Yes, on your model there is a check valve in this drain hose in the black elbow:
WPW10545278 Drain Hose

Video Included in part link.

Look at what Klabiuk said in post#26 here: FIXED: 665.13293K112 Kenmore Ultra Wash will not drain/page3

So we investigated the hoses again. You can only blow through the drain loop hose in one direction NOT both (as we thought you could earlier) as - unbeknownst to us - there is a backflow valve in the black elbow connected to the drain loop hose that disconnects from the drain pump. If you stick your fingers in there far (to where the black elbow meets the drain loop hose) there is a flap. We just discovered that ours had lots of crud in it. We cleaned it up. Ran the water through it and it gushed out! Finally!!!

Kathryn
See if that check valve flap is clogged on yours too and let us know.

Jake

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
Unfortunately, my drain hose is open ended. No check valve on either end. It has white straight connectors. Assuming this is something that the previous owners did.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The black elbow is in the very front with a clamp holding it in place, once you remove the bottom access panel you will see it, take a photo of yours so we can see it please.

Jake

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
I apologize. I did go out to check the line under the dishwasher. It is the same one you have pictured. I was able to blow through one end. But not through the other. It is late here. So I will take a look at this in the morning and let you know what I find.

Thanks for the information.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I will take a look at this in the morning and let you know what I find.
Sounds good, what did you find?

Jake

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
I apologize. Things have been a little crazy here lately. I did check drain connection to the dishwasher, where the checkvalve connects. There was clog and I was able to spin the flap freely.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so its all fixed now?

Jake

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
I hope so. As I mentioned previously, it was hardwired in at the previous owner's home. So I will have to see about getting a plug for it to be used in my home.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it, thanks!

Jake

clbrooks8909

Premium Member
It's been a bit since I was last on here. But I wanted to let you know that I was able to get a plug for my dishwasher. So far it seems to been running and cleaning well. I do not see any standing water above the drain area. So I think it's draining properly. Thanks for your help.

Courtney

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Courtney, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake