• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13543N413 no power

Westwood

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13543N413
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13543N413
appears no power at control panel until I kill power to unit and repower with wall switch, control lock comes on for 3 seconds then goes off. Will not do anything else. Have tried several configurations of buttons to reset with no luck. Also after restoring power to unit if I push power button, I hear a slight (weak) beep and with several repeats of pushing power button, that also stops that after about 3 seconds. Unit is 2 years old. Prior to this happening, last wash cycle didn't complete.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck for the tech. data sheet!

It sounds like the control panel is locked. Press and hold Control Lock key 5 seconds to turn On/Off.

If that does not resolve it, do all the touchpads respond and light up when you press them?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

Jake

Westwood

Premium Member
Have tried control lock key and no response
Have tried the sequence of 3 keys, no response
No lights on control panel or responses
Only time I can get any response is after killing power at wall switch and turning back on, I will get a momentary red light on control lock.
Also after turning wall switch power back on I can press the start button repeatedly and get a faint beep but that doesn't last long then it will not do that again until I switch power off at wall and repeat.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check and make sure you have 120 volts at the junction box under the dishwasher?

I'd first verify your getting 120 volts in the main junction power box underneath the dishwasher. Where you house power line connects to the main electrical of the dishwasher, Across Black and White should read 120 volts. There should be 2 wire nuts that connect the main power line to your dishwasher in the junction box underneath the dishwasher.

Just remove the very bottom access panel and you will see that junction box.

I've seen those wire nuts come loose and/or burn arc and cause this NO POWER/LOW POWER problem, when the installer doesn't tighten them properly.

You'll need a multimeter to check for 120 volts: Digital Multimeter

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Westwood

Premium Member
Solved thanks to Jake. Thank you! Turns out when measuring voltage, I was getting some erratic readings. Ultimately the wall switch was bad. I can push up on wall switch and dishwasher comes on. Replacing wall switch tomorrow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, I had a gut feeling that might be the issue.

Good job confirming it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake