• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.15932000 wash arms not spinning, top arm dry

Nelson

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Having some issues with our Kenmore Dishwasher 665.15932000 not working properly. Ran a Quick Rinse cycle and noticed the arms are not moving. Checked the top arm and it is dry. I opened the door mid cycle a few times and saw there was some water in the bottom of the unit. It drains ok. Looking at the parts list, I'm thinking it is an issue with the circulation pump. But what do I know...

Yes, it is an old unit and, I'm at a point where I'm being told not to fix the appliances any longer.

Is there another possible fix to this issue?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd first check your sump basin and chopper screen for clogs, also check the black flapper check valve in the video below as well.

Watch this video below first, Paul tells you what to check in the sump basin and chopper screen :

Check your chopper screen blade assembly to make sure its not broken also.

Here's the chopper screen assembly for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly W10083957V

Here's the video to check/change it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Nelson

Premium Member
Thank you for the help! That is a great video. Unfortunately, things were rather clean with only minor debris in locations that would not impair the flow of water. I pulled out the rubber flap / valve and that area looked good too. The screen looked good too with a little debris on the left and right upper edges. It was worth the time and effort to know 'that wasn't the problem.'

Thanks again.