• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher 665.16362301 bits of food on the dishes after any cycle completed

imaddicted2u

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Been having trouble with bits of food on the dishes after any cycle completed. Wash pump is strong and it drains good. Macerator is good and the sump in front of it has been cleaned many times but the problem reoccurred after a couple of loads. I was taking it apart to try cleaning it again. Took the spray arm feeders off and there was a ton of gross mushed up food on the back of them.
Digging a little deeper this time, I found that the sump check valve to the right of the macerator was stuck closed. In order to get it to operate freely with the macerator cover on, I had to cut about 1/4" of rubber off the top (down to the red line in the pic). I poked a paper clip in through the feed hole and cut a bit of rubber off the top until it could be pushed open and would close freely on it's own with the macerator cover on. The rubber holding the round part must have stretched over the years causing it to jam. Working like new again, for now at least.

dishwasher sump check valve.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

If it keeps getting stuck you will need to replace it though.

Here's the black rubber check valve flapper:
Check Valve WP8268375

Jake

imaddicted2u

Premium Member
Model is 665.16362301

Thanks Jake, That's quite the price they want for a piece of rubber...lol
I wonder if this one will work in it's place?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member