Kenmore Dishwasher "Complete" light blinks and no start... Help please!!

FRANK RIZZO

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore d-washer that the "COMPLETE" light will blink 4 times, pauses then blinks 4 more times. I shut the breaker off for 15 mins, turn on again and it does the same thing. I tried the heated dry/normal to start diagnostics and the complete light keeps blinking and none of the other buttons respond at all. Any help??

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't get anything to come up with that model number. Probably because it's a Canadian model. Do this:

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power

Open the dishwasher door.

Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1).

Make sure all other connections are made.

Put console back together.

Do not close the dishwasher door.

Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.

Wait 5 seconds.

Close dishwasher door.

Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.

➔If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control.