FIXED Kenmore Dishwasher goes to next cycle before water full

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf996

Premium Member
Well, just performed a clean and the results are the same, so I am back to square 1.

The issue is that the dishes are just not getting clean - particularly those on the top. Usually there is a white residue left behind.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

royriggs

Premium Member
My final outcome:

You can't order just flapper valves, you have to replace the entire feed tube assembly. This didn't fix my problem anyways, there just wasn't enough water pressure generated by the pump. Turns out one of the wifes hair ties had gotten in and ended up wound around the chopper, which I just went ahead and replaced.

I've found that white vinegar is the easiest way to get all that hard water scale off. I would think with that kind of massive buildup (well water?), you should look into some sort of water softener/filter for your dishwasher, yikes!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think we are getting the check valve flapper and the feed tube flappers confused.

If you need to order the feed tube flappers, you do have to order the complete feed tube assembly, which is different on some models,
you would need to go to our parts page and input your model# to get the correct one.

The check valve flapper is in the chopper blade area just to the right of that, under the chopper cover.

Yes, try vinegar or this: Dishwasher Cleaner 5304482929 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If still no results, then you will need a new sump/motor assembly:
Circulation Pump W10239405 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

[video=youtube;DzWT9laylwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWT9laylwo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Check your owners manual, some of these are warrantied for up to 5 yrs.

Jake

boardom

How to tell if check valve / macerator need replacement?

Jake, thanks for the lovely pictures, I just dismantled down to removing the check valve and macerator to clear our some debris, glass, ribbons, etc... The resulting jets of water gave me a face full of joy.

I didn't replace them as I was unsure how to tell if they are no longer good... There does not appear to be any visible damage to either the chopper blades, or the check valve.. How do you usually determine that these parts are bad...

fyi (I was suffering the same problem as the original poster, very poor spray pressure to the upper arms, as well as moderate pressure to the lower arms).

Cheers,

wolf996

Premium Member
I've found that white vinegar is the easiest way to get all that hard water scale off. I would think with that kind of massive buildup (well water?), you should look into some sort of water softener/filter for your dishwasher, yikes!
I should have posted this a while ago but...

The final outcome was nothing more than hard water (yes, we have a well) and too much soap being used. We went through a period of using very little soap, some cleaning cycles using a product my mother-in-law gave us, and have now switched to using Cascade soap (the 2 in 1 'actionpacs' with Dawn). Since switching to this there has been no buildup of soap/scale and the washer now cleans everything just fine.

Thanks for all the help!

wallacejc

Premium Member
HELP! Now that I have succesfully torn down the assembly and removed the chopping assembly to clean it up, I cannot get it back on, I have used pliers to hold the spring taught, I have taken (by accident) and locking cap off and tried it that way to no avail. Anyone have any secrets to putting this thing back on?

Jeff

wallacejc

Premium Member
Ok, I did a search on this site and found a perfect picture, I was trying to logically put in the place closer to the spindle, no wonder it did not fit. I still have a loud noise, anyone think it could be the check valve on the sump? I found a toothpick in the front of the grinder, is it possible the grinder was damaged? It looked fine to me and spins fine. I don't believe it is the pump since when I drain it, the noise goes away.

shane_tactical1

Premium Member
I thought i had already posted this but i cant find my posting anywhere so oh well il post it again:

We inherited our Kenmore 665.16872000 when we moved into our house.
It has never really worked that well and has just recently got even worse. It has never cleaned the top rack very well at all and now it doesnt wash the bottom plate rack that great either.

I looked online and came across this thread so i purchased the check valve: Check Valve 8268375 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

My problem is that im kind of unsure how to get under the panel that has four screws shown in your photo. Our panel has four screws but one is located under what i think is called the feed tube??? I have removed three of them but cant get to this last one. I have attached a couple of photos in the links. Do i need to take out the entire feed tube to get at this screw?? It still looks to me that even if i did remove the feed tube i still wouldnt be able to get underneath it so i wondered what the correct procedure was to get at this?
I would appreciate any advice you can offer me.:)

Images: http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dishwasher1hq4.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dishwasher2qk6.jpg

Thanks.

Shane

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is a video you can watch to replace the check valve:

[video=youtube;rOio5HaWeFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOio5HaWeFU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jake

shane_tactical1

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the video. That was a big help!

The feed tube was easy to get off. Easier then i had anticipated hence the reason i hadnt just gone ahead and taken it off.
Im just running the machine now to see if putting in a new check valve and cleaning the filters has solved problem.
The inside was pretty disgusting. Hard water build up everywhere!
Touch wood it works now!
Thanks again for your help.

Shane

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing it Shane!:)

Watch this video as well:

[video=youtube;iRCCrEwrst8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRCCrEwrst8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jake

shane_tactical1

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

There is a huge difference now!
It was cleaning anything before i changed the valve and cleaned it and now it cleans better then it did when we first moved into our house.
We used to have to use 2 tablets in the machine as one wouldnt get anything that clean really. Now one tablet gets pretty much everything clean excluding cups and glasses.
Glasses and cups still dont come out super clean though so im going to look at getting the upper spray arm replaced. I believe the part is 8269024?

Do you think this part will make much of a difference?

shane_tactical1

Premium Member
oops! my last post didnt make much sense.
It was supposed to read that my dishwasher wasnt cleaning anything before i changed the valve.
I ordered that spray arm (part number that i listed) today and i am going to give that a try.

Thanks again for your help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Shane.:)

Jake

TommySr

Premium Member
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher that had stopped cleaning the top rack of dishes in the past week. It also had been making very loud noises for the past several months. I did some web searches and found this forum. I ordered the parts through the links. I purchased the replacement top arm, the flapper, and the grinder.
When they arrived a couple days later I followed the info on the forum and successfully replaced all the parts. I found the old grinder had two broken teeth that hold it in place so it was sitting crooked in the slot and obviously had not been working.

We just ran our first full load of dishes and the dishwasher is getting them cleaner than before the problem started. And it is much, much quieter.

Thanks for the great information. I left a thank you donation through the link.
Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Tom, glad this information helped yours too.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.