Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665.13473N411 will not drain

J Molloy

Model Number
665.13473N411
Brand
Sears Kenmore
It will not drain. It will not complete a cycle. It will start, run water but then it stops. I have hit cancel to force it to drain as I have done the past and water remains in the bottom. I have cleaned the drain. any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

What I usually do is get a bucket or container then put the drain hose in it and press cancel drain to see how fast the water is running out into the bucket or container, it should be a good strong flow out of the drain hose.

Did you just replace your garbage disposal? If so, then you have to knockout the plastic stopper where the dishwasher drain hose connects to if the water is coming out full force from the drain hose.

Also check inside the garbage disposal port where the drain hose connects to, I've seen that get clogged and prevent it from draining as well.

If you find its draining slow, then pull the drain pump and see if anything is partially caught in the impeller. The impeller shaft can strip and only work occasionally too.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

There is a video that shows you how to access the drain pump in that drain pump link. Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first!

Let us know what you find.

Jake