• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher model 665.15867990

action jackson

Premium Member
imported post

I have a Kenmore Ultrawash dishwasher that came with the purchase of my house. I do not have a user manual because the owners never left it with me. So I have a question that may end up being a service problem and not user error. My dishwasher was working fine until yesterday. If I push the Normal wash button, it shows 78 in the digital display (which I assume is the length of the cycle), then when I push start the digital display turns off and the dishwasher does not start. Then if I push Start or Cancel, the digital display shows a 2 and then the dishwasher seems to go through some sort of action and then the display turns to a 1 and then turns off. If I try to start the load again, it does the same process. Any ideas? Please help!!!:?

-Suzanne

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

Could be a touchpad or micro-computer problem.

Did you try to reset the breaker?

Jake

action jackson

Premium Member
imported post

I saw in a whirlpool DW manual that the 2 minutes is the drain cycle. Any idea why this would be the only option available to me right now? Is there possibly something wrong with adrain valve or something like that maybe?

-Suzanne

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

No, the drain seems to be working fine, 2 minutes is normal when you press cancel.

Does it fill with water then go into drain?

If it filled with water then drained right away, that would inticate a pressure switch or sensor problem.

Jake

action jackson

Premium Member
imported post

no it doesn't fill with water or anything, just drains. We took the toe board off, looking for the tech sheet and it was missing....:(

Suzanne

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

How old is the dishwasher that came with your house?

If you like it and want to keep it, i would suggest calling Sears for a tech. to come out to give you a estimate to repair it, as with digital computer components, the price can get very high to start replacing parts on your own. If the tech gives you a price thats too high, he or she will give you a gift coupon for $65.00 off a new dishwasher.

If this dishwasher is something you never liked, just buy a new dishwasher without calling a tech out to you home, because it does sound like either the touchpad or mirco-computer is out, both are very expensive.

Jake

action jackson

Premium Member
imported post

I think it is about 4 or 5 years old at least. I saw how much those parts are and you are absolutely right. They are expensive and it seems worth it to just buy a new one. Thanks for all of your help!

:DSuzanne

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Your very welcome Suzanne,:cool:

Good Luck on your new dishwasher!:cool:

Jake