• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Dishwasher Panel Lights

LaffyTaffyLove

Premium Member
imported post

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model #587.15072200, I purchased it in 2002, if I remember correctly.

Last week, after completing a cycle, most of the lights on the touchpad started to flash. I could not start a cycle, nor select a new cycle.

Thinking maybe it was confused, we turned the power to the dishwasher off for a couple hours, and then turned it back on. It started blinking again, and still no response from the touch pad.

Occasionally, after pushing every button, it will turn on and perhaps try to drain. I'm not really sure what it's doing,it's making sounds, but there is no water going in. The noise stops after about 2 minutes.

I checked the owner's manual, and it says nothing about flashing lights. Nor what to do to fix them.

The only other problem I have had with the dishwasher, is that the sanitizing cycle has not been working for a few months. I always run the sanitize cycle, since we have baby bottles that need it. I thought maybe it wasn't getting hot enough water, since we have the water heater set low for the kids. So I didn't thinktoo much about it. But I am wondering if that has contributed to the flashing/unresponsive touchpad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

I have had a few service calls on this kind of a problem, I always check the control panel ribbon connector for bad spots ora loose connection into the control board.

If that checks fine, its possible your control panel touch pads are malfunctioning or shorting out.

I have also seen the control board cause this kind of a issue as well.

Both are expensive partsat about $100 dollars a piece.

Jake

LaffyTaffyLove

Premium Member
imported post

Thanks for the reply.

I opened it the other day to see just how many screws were on the door that would need to be removed, (thinking if I took it apart in a million pieces my husband might try to fix it).

I closed it and thought I would try one last time to start a cycle. It let me select a cycle, and start it. When it finished the lights didn't blink anymore. It seems to have just fixed itself. :)

Maybe the loose connectionwiggled back into place, I'm not really sure. I've done several loads since then, and it still seems fine. Maybe my dishwasher just wanted a vacation :)

Thanks again for replying. This is a great message board :)