• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Double Oven error code F0 and F7

shihman

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
greetings all gurus, i am a newbie here and in the field of fix-it-yourself. recently my kenmore double oven started beeping and display the error code F7 next to the clock and all buttons stopped working. i have searched the net, including this forum, and found a solution of power off the oven, disconnect and reconnect the ribbon connector to the ERC and power back on the oven. that worked the first time for about 3 months and now the code F7 is back and repeating the previous steps did not work this time.

so upon further research and recommendation, the instruction of powering off, disconnect the ribbon connector and leaving it off and power back on the over should determine whether if i have a bad key panel or a bad control unit. after following those steps, the F7 code no longer appeared but the key panel beeped and followed by displaying code F0 after couple minutes, which is a new code for me.

is this a pretty clear indication of a bad control unit or is this something else? if it is the control unit, is part# WB27T10345 correct and where would be the cheapest place for me to purchase one?

thank you all in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that F0 error code means the ERC is bad.

Here's the ERC for your model you can order here:
GE WB27T10345 Oven Control

For the F7 error code:

Here is a test to find out whether its your control panel or control board:

Determine if problem is with the Key Panel or Control Board by:
1. Pushing CLEAR/OFF pad.
2. Disconnecting Ribbon Cable from control and waiting at least 32 seconds to see if Code recurs

If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control board.

If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

What color is your key panel? Black or White?

Jake

shihman

Premium Member
hi jake, thank you for the quick reply.
after i tried the test, F7 code did not come back on but the F0 code did after couple of minutes. so is that the indication i have a bad control panel? is the ERC and the control panel the same?

thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if the F0 code came back, then its your ERC.

is the ERC and the control panel the same?
Nope, the ERC is your clock assembly, the control panel is your keypad assembly where you press the buttons.

Jake

shihman

Premium Member
thanks jake. i have placed the order for the ERC. i will report back after replacement.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

shihman

Premium Member
hi jake, the ERC arrived this morning and i replace it. everything went smoothly and no more error codes. but now the only button that seems to work is the clear/off button and the clock but nothing else. does that mean i either mess up the connections to the ERC or do i have a bad key panel too? my double oven is black color.

thank you.

shihman

Premium Member
ok 10 minutes after i post my last comment, oven started to beep and F7 showed up again. this is about 4 hours after i switch out the new ERC. so i went ahead and disconnect the ribbon connector and turn the power back on. about another 10 minutes later, F0 showed up. what do i do now?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then its the control panel you'll need.

What color is yours?

You can return that ERC back for a full refund. You invoice that you got with it, explains how to return it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its odd the F0 still shows up too, F0 always means bad ERC.

Both may be bad, so I'd wait till your new control panel comes in and see if your old ERC works with the new control panel. If so, then return the new ERC.

Jake

shihman

Premium Member
ok jake, thanks. i'll order the key panel first and try out both old and new ERC.
my oven is black color. please let me know what is the right part/key panel for my oven.

thanks again.

shihman

Premium Member
hi jake, my new key panel came yesterday and switched it out and tried it with my old ERC and everything seems to be working fine now. i waited a day to post my reply just to see if any more error codes would come on, but so far so good and all the keys on the panel are working. so it seems the key panel was the main culprit.

i appreciate your help very much and hopefully the oven will be trouble free for a while.

thank you again jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok shihman, sounds good.:)

Thanks for the update.

Jake

bfsjr

I was having the exact same problem with my Kenmore double oven so with the power on, I unplugged the ribbon and during the 35 seconds that the ribbon was unplugged, I simply cleaned the contacts with windex and plugged the ribbon back in and no beeping and no F0 has come back. the contacts looked to be a little greasy, which had probably built up over the years since I intalled the double oven.

annruether

FIXED error code F0!

I was having the exact same problem with my Kenmore double oven so with the power on, I unplugged the ribbon and during the 35 seconds that the ribbon was unplugged, I simply cleaned the contacts with windex and plugged the ribbon back in and no beeping and no F0 has come back. the contacts looked to be a little greasy, which had probably built up over the years since I intalled the double oven.

Thank you so much for your post! I took the cover panel off, saw some loose connections, pushed them back in and everything has been working fine since! Wish I hadn't put up with the 2 days of incessant beeping before getting on the computer to look for answers!