• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore dryer front load mod 110.63032101 wont dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetdoctor1

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The mod 110.63032101 dryer has not done a very good job at drying for several months now. I have removed the exhaust duct and cleaned more than once. I took the exhaust tube off the back of dryer and ran a load and it still takes 2 times to get items dry. I saw that troubleshooting tip on here and thought I would try. Today the dryer makes a run on sound when turned off and I had to look. I took the bottom panel off and pulled the lint trap and cover for lint trap. Looking at the blower fan I turned the dryer on and the fan seemed to not respond and it was slow to come up to speed. I unpluged an could spin the fan both ways and it felt a little loose. The fan will spin by hand with the drum not spinning. Question: Is this normal and what holds that fan that could be stripped out or loose. The fan has 1/2 inch wabble on shaft.

Help please,

Jetdoctor1

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jetdoctor1,

Yes, it sounds like your blower wheel is stripped.

Its screwed onto the motor shaft. I've had a few I wasn't even able to remove from the motor shaft, the plastic blower wheel threaded part broke from the main wheel, and then you have to cut it off the motor shaft.

Here is a new blower wheel for your model:

Jake

jetdoctor1

Premium Member
fixed

Ok Jake thanks for the input. It was the blower fan. It was stripped and I had to cut the fan off the shaft. Used a unibit to drill all the way around then a wood chisiel to cut/break the ribs. Had to drive a socket on the insert and use hammer to spin the socket to break it loose. Not a fun job. Dryer now works like a champ.

Thanks again

Jetdoctor1

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jetdoctor1, good job fixing it.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.