Kenmore Dual Fuel Range Model Number Missing

LeftyLucy

Premium Member
Bottom line: I need help finding the model number and ultimately need to know how to remove the door and/or how to find an Owner's Manual.

I have a Kenmore Dual Fuel Range which we purchased in 2004. It has been a wonderful workhorse for lots of dinner parties, and then the oven door began to come apart due to a loose screw. It is obvious I have to remove the door in order to fix this properly, but I CANNOT figure out how to get the door off, nor can I find a model number. Anywhere. At all. I mean this range could be in the Appliance Protection Program.

It is a dual fuel, slide-in, gas burners on top, electric convection oven. The burner controls are on the top on the right side, not on the front. It also has a warmer drawer below the oven. I have seen multiple videos about removing Kenmore oven doors, but none seem to apply to this version. I'm understanding there may be further help in the Owner's Manual for the specific model, but first I have to find the model number.

Model number is not on either side, nor inside the oven door, nor on the back (which is instead loaded with cautions about connecting natural gas).

Any help appreciated and thanks for viewing my rant!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

LeftyLucy

Premium Member
I'm not finding it there. Yesterday before starting the thread I pulled the range out as far as I can without demolishing cabinets and inspected both sides and the rear. I also pulled the warmer drawer completely out ... nothing there on either leg nor anywhere in the well where the drawer lives. I'm still looking around on the 'net for pictures of my model thinking that might be my next best bet. Mostly I'm finding the newer models currently for sale, tho.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd.

You can also go to your local Sears store and the Sales folks will show where its at on the floor models.

Jake