Kenmore elite 106.53706201 freezer cold, fridge warm

jeepgal98

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I just noticed the fridge is warm but the freezer is cold. A couple days ago, I thinned out my freezer a lot so there is a lot more room in there. I'm not sure if that could have done something to affect anything. I can feel a slight bit, but not much, of cold air coming through the fridge vent from the freezer. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

jeepgal98

Premium Member
I read through a few posts here. I think it's the evaporator fan. The damper is open and nothing is really coming through.

But considering the fridge is 16 years old, I am wondering if it's just time to get a new one because other things will start happening down the line. (I fell into that trap with my washer...)

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Do you hear the fan motor running in the freezer when you open the freezer door?

If not, then yes its most likely the freezer fan motor has gone out, I've had to replace many in my local area this year alone.

You can verify it if you have a multimeter, just take the electrical connector off the freezer fan motor and put your meter leads in the electrical connectors and see if you get 120 volts when the refrigerator is running.

If you do, that's definity a bad freezer fan motor.

Here's the freezer(evaporator) fan motor for your model:
WP2315548 Evap. Fan Motor

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If I stick a screwdriver in it, the fridge is at the right temp.
Yes, you would need the air damper.

The air damper is less expensive here, plus there is a HOW TO video to replace it:
WP2216112 Diffuser

Let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

jeepgal98

Premium Member
Thank you so much, Jake! This blog has really helped with quite a few issues. I appreciate it!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help jeepgal98.:)

Also glad we have been able to help you with other issues too.:)

Jake