Kenmore Elite 110.31633611 wont come on

clint243

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
We have a relatively new (purchased march 2018) Kenmore elite top load washer model number 110.31633611 and we washed a load of clothes and came back to do a second load and it was dead no lights on the control panel nothing. I checked the plug at the wall w a dmm and also the leads going to the control board and had proper voltage. Got online and started to read about trouble shooting tips and found to unplug and let sit for about 10 min a plug back in. I tried this and it worked once and then it quit again and when you unplug it and then plug it back in it will usually come on but the times it displays are all over the place and now it wont even finish a cycle. Everything I have read points to a new control board but before I spend 300.00 on a new one I figured it was best I seek some advice first....I also called sears and the closest repair person is over 10 days out and comes from quite a ways away..
any help is greatly appreciated

thanks Clint

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Clint,

It sounds like the control board, but it would be best to confirm it first, the only problem is I can't locate the tech. data sheet for this model.

It's best to wait for Sears to come out.

Jake

clint243

Premium Member
that may be our best bet but having a newborn sure does create a lot of clothes lol I called sears yesterday again and the soonest they can get anyone is the 31st so I may be a frequent flier it the laundromat

and thanks for all of you help I really appreciate it

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, yes its not a good idea to spend $300 on a new control board and it not fix it, especially with a newborn.:)

It could be just a loose wire harness connector, I had a Maytag do that a few weeks ago and that's what I found, it uses the same touch keypads yours does.

Unplug the machine for awhile, then plug it in, and then open the lid then close the lid and put it in DRAIN/SPIN and see what happens.

Jake

clint243

Premium Member
Did that and it came on but the times for say a rinse and spin were always say 25 min and it was bouncing between 25-30-15-19 all over the place. And it started to rinse then stopped and turned back off. And I had to wait another 15 min to get to come back on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well it sounds like a loose or shorted keypad wire harness connector or the keypad itself has gone bad or the control board has gone bad.

Here's a video that shows how to lift the top to access the console clips if you decide to do it yourself: http://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/8373913/type/dlg/https://www.repairclinic.com/Video/Video-Landing/917-/Whirlpool-Top-Load-Washer-Lid-Lock-Replacement-W10404050

Then you can see if any of the keypad wire harness is loose where it connects to the control board. Its a good idea to remove each connector and reset it onto the control board.

Jake