FIXED Kenmore Elite 110.63932101 Too Much Heat!

mat0513

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,
Kenmore Elite dryer w/even heat (110.63932101)..gets really hot regardless of cycle - the clothes are too hot to handle immediately after cycles ends and the face of the dryer is very hot. The vent seems to blow fine.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Pull the dryer away from the wall, then take off the exhaust hose, then do a load and see if it still gets that hot, if so then its likely a Thermistor
issue.

Jake

mat0513

Premium Member
Where is the themistor?

Ok, I am going to attempt to replace the thermistor, but don't know where it is located. Any advice on disassembly would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The thermistor is #42 here:
http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImagePageJava.shtml?productTypeID=0151200&brandID=0582&modelDesc=ELECTRIC DRYER&modelNumber=11063932101&documentID=P0203278&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PM&titleType=BULKHEAD&titleID=00003
It mounts on the blower wheel housing next to the white thermal fuse.

This is from: www.applianceaid.com
The first step in disassembly of this dryer is to remove the bottom panel. The heater element, high limit thermostat, thermal fuse, and the cycling thermostat(thermistor) can be serviced with the bottom panel off. There are two clips to be pressed in about 4 inches in from the side at the top of the panel. Press on these clips, pull out on the panel and lift it off a couple clips it mounts on.

Once you get the lower panel off, then your #45 lint duct unscrews then you will see it on the blower wheel housing.

Jake

mat0513

Premium Member
Which way does thermistor go in?

I took the thermistor out, no problem, bought a new one, but failed to pay attention to how the old one came out. What is the proper way for it to go in (I want to assume so the writing is readable while looking at it as opposed to upside down - but you know what they say about assuming)???
Thanks.

I had the same problem, the heat was full on no matter the setting. Bought the thermister and replaced it. Problem remained. Checked heating element for ground and/or other problems. Checked good. Found a reference to the two relays behind the control panel. Switched them with each other and the heating element began working correctly, but the dryer starts as soon as you close the door (as long as one of the programs are still running). Aha! Bad relay. Installed new relay. Problem solved.