Kenmore Elite 665.12782K311 starting and stopping

Fatblond

Premium Member
Model
665.12782K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So I posted a while back about my dishwasher having a leak which lead to a bad diverter motor. It previously had a bad vent fan replaced by a Sears service tech three years ago.

So anyway fast forward to today my dishwasher wouldn't complete a cycle. It would start, fill up, run for a few minutes and then stop. It would then flash off and then back and run for a few seconds. Then off. Endless loop.

I did the diagnostic check and got some error codes that led me in a different direction.

However, before going down that road I remembered the link you guys provided to me from bigbuck here FIXED: KUDE60HXSS5 KitchenAid Dishwasher Fills but then Shuts off/page2

So I decided to unplug the fan and run it again. Viola. Completed a wash cycle and then a separate quick rinse cycle no problem. BigBucks solution works.

Gonna get the W10469574 replacement and try it out. Ridiculous that this fan went bad after three years but the part is still cheaper than a new washer. The original tech told me their was a service bulletin saying these fans were underpowered and prone to failure. Confirmed.

I just wanted to provide my thanks for the advice and maybe this will help someone else too!

I will update if it didn't work.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, you will definitely need the new door vent to fix it.:)

Here it is for your model:
WPW10469574 Vent

Let us know how it goes.

Jake