• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite 665.13793K602 start/resume on all cycles

mkirpalani

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13793K602
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi there
I just bought a home that had a Kenmore Elite 665.J379 built in,
It stopped working so I took the panel off and saw that the thermal fuse had blown.
I ordered a replacement part and that allowed the unit to power back up. The issue is that the start/resume will flash mid way through all cycles so I am assuming that the thermal fuse is doing its job an cutting power - if I leave it for an hr and press start/resume it will complete the cycle. Any ideas what is causing the thermal fuse to kick in ?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated
Cheers
Mike

Added complete model number, removed aftermarket thermal fuse

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mike,

We need the complete model number. Read it from the model number tag inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

mkirpalani

Premium Member
hi Jake - I believe its 665.13793K602, Type 577-0, Serial FU0505046 - see attached picture

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPEG
    IMG_0219.JPEG
    88.5 KB · Views: 87

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Mike!

Turn the breaker off to the dishwasher and open the console touchpad panel assembly and look at the control board and see if you notice any burnt spots on it. If so, then that's the problem.

Here's the control board for your model:
WPW10084141 Electronic Control Board

It's in-stock here:

Jake

mkirpalani

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - wow $400 bucks that's a lot of money - how would I know if that addresses the root cause ?
I was always told that electronics electronics either work or don't - are you sure this will fix the issue ?
I assume that the heat buildup trips the thermal fuse, as if you leave the cycle for approx. 45 mins or so you can then continue to completion. So is there a heat buildup issue elsewhere that would be the root cause ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I didn't say to replace the control board, I said to replace the control board ONLY is you notice burnt spots on it.:)

And you can't use aftermarket thermal fuses, I removed the link to the aftermarket one you posted in your first post.

You have to use the OEM thermal fuse, and you MUST replace the wires that come in the kit.

Here's the OEM thermal fuse for your model you can order:
Thermal Fuse W10258275

Yes, you must install the new wires that come with the thermal fuse kit, or it will keep going out forever.

Here's the video that shows you how to ohm test it:

Here's the video, it shows the square THERMAL FUSE, you do the same for the round one as far installing the new wire kit that comes with it:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.