• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite 665.13963K015 control panel possessed by demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

szguyer

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13936K015
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

My Kenmore Elite dishwasher has a strange problem: the control panel randomly beeps and acts as if the buttons are being pressed all the time. Given that it is close to Halloween, it could be possessed by ghosts or demons, but I'm thinking I'll try to fix it anyway....

The behavior is that the buttons sometimes, but not always, respond. I can't really use the dishwasher because mid-cycle it acts as though I pressed some random button and stops. I strongly suspect that the control panel itself is damaged, but I can't tell if the control board also needs replacing. I can't get error codes because the buttons don't respond reliably enough. I opened it up and everything *looks* fine -- no visible damage, no burn marks, no oxidation, all the connections seem solid.

Is it worth trying to diagnose it further? Or just get a new control panel?
Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Appliance gremlins always show up about this time of year since about 2009. Sounds like the control panel.
whirlpool-crown-asm-black-wpw10500140-ap6022344_01_l.jpg

szguyer

Premium Member
I don't think I can rely on someone giving out dishwasher control panels for trick-or-treating, so I'll just buy one.
Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That would be best! There's actually quite a few threads that mention gremlins this time of year:

gremlin1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.