• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite 795.74093.410 makes noise, but stops when opening the door

DanTheM3Man

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore Elite 795.74093.410 makes noise, but stops when opening the door. How can I fix it? I already tried leveling the unit and raising the temperature to 40 F.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

but stops when opening the door
I already tried leveling the unit and raising the temperature to 40 F.
So the noise is from the fresh food section and not the freezer?

Bad fan motor is possible.
Ice near the fan motor is possible.

LINK> #120A is a good repair.

Could always try an 12-24 hour defrosting with the doors open.

jeff.

DanTheM3Man

Premium Member
Hi Jeff,

Now it says eR rF and the outside water dispenser doesn't work anymore. The temperature inside the fresh food section is now 50 F instead of the 40 F I have it set for. Do you know any videos on how to get to the fan, that is what was making noise and is probably ice buildup? Also, I could not get to the link for #120A and the picture supplied gets blurry when zoomed in.

Thanks,
Dan

DanTheM3Man

Premium Member
It turns out there is a drain underneath the coils. What happened was food particles got down the drain tube and clogged it, which made the water never evaporate and ice built up to touch the fan.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What happened was food particles got down the drain tube and clogged it, which made the water never evaporate and ice built up to touch the fan.
Pretty high for the ice to climb...but glad that was all it was!
Thankx for the update.

jeff.

DanTheM3Man

Premium Member
Yes, the refrigerator is 4 years old, so it was just tiny particles that made it into the tube right above the drip pan creating a clog at the back of the refrigerator (you have to take off the back plate at the bottom to get to it). A water friendly mini shop vac came in handy to suck up all the water and the clog. Do you know the part # for the bottom of the drain? It is a flexible white clear plastic tube like a bendy straw. It was pretty dirty from food particles and I'm thinking that stuff could grow and cause a clog again.