• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite 795.79043.310 leaking water from refrigerator water tube fitting.

Dan28

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore elite 795 is leaking water from the inlet water tube fitting. I have pulled and checked the drain line, it is clear, pan is clear, and no visible frost/ice buildup in fridge or freezer. Both are maintaining temps reliably. The water leaks periodically, probably 2-3 ounces every 20 minutes. I wanted to verify before throwing parts at it. There is no water leaking from the inlet valve or tubing. Thanks for the help.

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, we would need the complete model number first. Read it from the model number tag located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Can you take a photo of the water inlet tube fitting where its leaking and attach it to your next post?

Jake

Dan28

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. The full model number is 795.79043.310. I have attached a picture of the leaking location. The water is leaking out of the sides of the fitting near the screws. I have shut off the water supply to the fridge and there is still some water leaking. Prior to noticing the leak on the floor, the volume of ice had slowed to nearly nothing. There does not appear to be any leaks from inside the fridge/freezer.

Attachments

• PXL_20221102_201642603~2.jpg
    PXL_20221102_201642603~2.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 37

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

I always pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then turn the water off, remove the water supply line, then get a bucket or container to catch water in, test the water pressure from your supply line into the bucket, should have good water pressure force coming out, not a weak stream.

If your water pressure is fine, then its usually the water inlet valve that's the problem.

What happens is--->The diaphragm in the ice maker side of the water inlet valve is not closing completely and a small amount of water leaks past. When it gets to the ice maker, it freezes. When it builds enough ice it blocks the fill tube end of the water line and the water backs up and seeps out the back where that fitting is at in your photo.

Replace the water inlet valve and you should be good to go:
AJU73753101 Valve Assembly, Water

This video shows you how to access/replace it:

Jake

Dan28

Premium Member
The part supplied was a perfect fit with one exception, the soft taped seals in the line section that goes into the fridge. The two foam seals that are taped into the line do not fit through the access hole.

I have tried to push by force, maneuver it into the hole, and even compress it as if I was dropping a piston into the cylinder, each with no luck. Amy recommendations with what to do to install that line? I have attached a photo showing where it gets held up.

Attachments

• PXL_20221105_020917663.jpg
    PXL_20221105_020917663.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 27

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I've only installed one of these many years ago, and my memory is not what it used to be and I can't remember if I had trouble with it or not, just follow the video of how it says to install it.

Hopefully another tech. or member that has installed this recently can shed some light on it.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.