• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite Cooktop - one burner does not light - PLEASE HELP!

laser_jock

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
out of 6 burners, the smallest one has never worked well. Repairman (while under warranty) tinkered with it a bit and the burner would usually come on, but was not dependable. Now two years later, it never lights on its own.

i have cleaned the burner parts - the spark looks good, coming from the center of the electrode straight up to the burner cover. spark looks similiar to the other burners. gas supply is good. when lit with a match, it lights quickly and the flame looks normal and even.

i messed around with the flow passage in the casting piece between the center of the burner and the electrode - tried to smooth the casting a bit, and even opened the hole a little - no difference.

does anyone know if this burner design has changed, and perhaps with improved reliability?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

laser_jock

Premium Member
Fixed with updated burner!

thanks for the help - i saw that the burner piece had an updated part #, so i bought one and tried it (part #316206401) - now it lights on the first 'click' every time.

I could only see some very slight differences between the two pieces - i guess that was enough!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

Jake