• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher 665.12773K311 , Some Buttons Flashing some Steady On. No Start

GPS

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12773K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Can't find anything anywhere about this issue.

On the user interface - Washing, and Start buttons flashing, ......... Lock, Heated Dry, and 1 Hour wash buttons steady on. Clearing Lock light when pushing steady on Heated dry unresponsive Button. Buttons not lighted result in 3 flashes on the lock button.

When closing the door Beeps start synchronized with blinking Buttons as well as the 4 blinking blue lights underneath the user interface with door panel separated. Can't seem to clear all lights doing anything.

Have tried power off for an extended time, also disconnecting the connection from the control box to User Interface. Only thing I have been able to find is a blog where someone pushed a thin nail into the lock key led (Power off) and everything worked. Many replies about disbelief, but follow-up with those who in desperation tried it confirmed it WORKED?

Anyone got any ideas before I do THE NAIL... Thx

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually that's a short in the control panel keypad assembly when that happens.

To verify that, Do this below:
- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
- Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK, it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace control panel keypad.
B. If control board is not OK, it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model:
WPW10457027 Panel-Cntl

Jake

GPS

Premium Member
Wow, that was an incredibly fast reply. Thank You! I did see that in the repair manual and am pretty sure the user interface has a stuck key. I am assuming it is the Lock key because was never used. In fact, when asking my wife she didn't even know what it was. The washer was working fine until my wife told me yesterday she could not keep the door closed. I took the door panel apart and found that the tab going into the latch mechanism had stuck further back not allowing it to latch. I freed it up and reassembled the door. Not ever having to use the dishwasher, I had probably pushed the lock button during the process. I am assuming it is the key that has probably stuck from lack of use.

Regardless I will do the test you suggested, and let you know the results...

Thanks for your valued input!

GPS

Premium Member
Well did as instructed disconnected, detached 3 connectors from Uner Interface which is the LCD touch Keyboard.. 2 connectors were connected to the top of Control Box, the other was for the latch mechanism going to the bottom of the control box.

When I powered up the dishwasher waited the allotted time then shut the door, there was absolutely no activity. When I plugged in the wire to the latch mechanism I got the beeping noise.

From your instructions, the Control box is faulty and should be replaced?

Attachments

• WIN_20210701_14_57_16_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210701_14_57_16_Pro.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 48

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You didn't do it right. Try it again, Remember you ONLY disconnect the keypad connection from the control board.:)

- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
--->Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
--->Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK, it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace control panel keypad.
B. If control board is not OK, it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Jake