• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher 665.17263402 - Wash Cycle no water but PreRinse seems to work fine

Casper042

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Last few cycles our dishwasher, which was here when we moved in 5? years ago, has started acting up.

Dishes seemed wet, but we found our detergent pod in the bottom of the tub only barely started dissolving.
When we start the DW we can hear water, but I think that's only the PreRinse cycle.
It seems like after the PreRinse it drops open the pod door, but the actual Cleaning cycle doesn't produce any water and so it's just some residual surface water that is only dissolving the part of the pod facing down.

I've literally done nothing, so apologies there, but I wasn't sure how you all are determining some of the troubleshooting I see on other threads.
Do you leave the door open and hold down some door switch and run it that way? (How do you not cover your kitchen in water when doing this?)
Do you pull the whole unit out and there is a window on the side?

I've got a multimeter and don't mind pulling it out, but being we didn't install it I don't know how hard that will be.
So anything I can do from the inside via the tub would be ideal as a first step.
Unfortunately my daughter broke my GoPro a while back otherwise I would stick it in there and just record the whole thing.

Thanks for any advice here

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'd first check your sump basin and chopper screen for clogs, also check the black flapper check valve in the video below as well.

Watch this video below first, Paul tells you what to check in the sump basin and chopper screen :

Check your chopper screen blade assembly to make sure its not broken also.

Here's the chopper screen assembly for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly W10083957V

Here's the video to check/change it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake