• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Electric Range 790.97473800 display & burner issues

DataCrypt

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, recently I started having issues with my Kenmore Elite Electric Range (model #790.97473800). I was hoping for some advice as to what might be wrong and what parts I need to repair this.

1). One of the 7 segment displays that shows the temperature number (Hi thru 9,8,7, etc.) is bad. The top segment is not being displayed. Not sure if this is the display itself or some controller board? Instead of a 7 it's showing a 1 likewise a "8" looks like a "b". I looked up the entire panel for this stove and it's around $450 for this entire part. Wanting to verify if I actually need this. I wish I could just get that display!

2). One of my triple radiant elements (6-9-12") is not working. The middle element is not working, so I only get the inner and outer elements. Was wondering if it is common for the element to go bad or possibly the "Relay Power Board" that it's hooked up to?

3). Some of the numbers on the main clock display seem dim. Never remember this being the case. Wondering if perhaps another issue is causing all of this?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated1

Kindest Regards,

Nelson