• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Fridge 795.74033.411 stopped cooling and freezing

mimisan

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Just bought a house with this fridge and it stopped cooling and freezing yesterday. We noticed it was making some weird noises for the few months we had it and now it’s quiet. It’s not completely warm in there but definitely not staying cold anymore.
Called a private tech this morning, paid $50 for him to tell me this is actually an LG fridge branded Kenmore that’s part of the class action settlement and it would take about $1000 to repair. Is this true and can I recoup from the settlement if it’s Kenmore? I can’t find information about this regarding Kenmore fridges.
I called Sears and set up an appt for this Monday. They will be charging me $130 for the service call towards the repair but not sure what costs I’m really looking at here. I would rather put these funds towards a new fridge if it’s not a small repair. Thanks for your time.

mimisan

Premium Member
I see that it was indeed made by LG. Can someone recommend the best plan of action? Will I get it covered through Sears if the fridge is from 2016? Try to repair myself?

Attachments

• 107280C4-B3BC-441B-ACF0-F260B9121D51.png
    107280C4-B3BC-441B-ACF0-F260B9121D51.png
    856.3 KB · Views: 41

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your warranty below, I'm not sure if the Kenmore 795 made by LG are included in the Class Action. You'd need to search Google for that.:)

* Five Year Limited Warranty on Sealed System
For five years from the date of purchase, the sealed refrigerant system of this appliance is warranted against any
defects in material or workmanship. New system components will be supplied for defective ones free of charge.
You are responsible for the labor cost of component installation after the first year from the date of purchase.

* Ten Year Limited Warranty on Linear Compressor
For ten years from the date of purchase, the linear compressor of this appliance is warranted against any defects
in material or workmanship. A new linear compressor will be supplied free of charge. You are responsible for the
labor cost of installation after the first year from the date of purchase.

Jake

mimisan

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I’m not sure I want to go down this road. Looks like once these go bad, they take a real nosedive :/

I have emailed the settlement people.

A_J

Premium Member
Mimisan, what did you end up doing? Ever hear back from the settlement folks? I'm in the exact same boat with a 795.74043.411.

mimisan

Premium Member
Mimisan, what did you end up doing? Ever hear back from the settlement folks? I'm in the exact same boat with a 795.74043.411.
I did not hear back :/ I read that there is somebody going after LG for Kenmore appliances but there isn’t much information on it. I may call the law office after the holidays and see where things stand.

I ended up buying another fridge. Wary of putting any more money into that turd. Merry F’ing Christmas to me. Good luck.

A_J

Premium Member
That is full of suck. Looking more and more like I'm going to have do the same thing. The soonest Sears can send someone out is Dec 12! I've narrowed it down to the sealed system, and I'm not really excited about dumping money into this thing.

mimisan

Premium Member
Hi A_J, I received word back from the settlement people that this model is one of the covered fridges. I’m not sure how much we can get back and for what (multiple repairs, food going bad, fridge replacement before Sep. 22, 2020) but thought I’d share the link in case you wanted to file a claim. You have until February of next year.

https://lgfridgesettlement.com/settlement-information

erozanski

Thank you Mimisan. Same exact think just happend to me on a Fridge I bought 8/8/2016.......Seal Leak or Bad Compressor - either way, sucks. Going to click on your law suit link. Merry F'in XMAS!!!!

schleima

Premium Member
I am dealing with this right now on 795.73157.610 bought Jan 2017.

The deadline has already passed to file a claim for Kenmore fridges (it was Dec 15), but they are going to try moving forward with what they can.

HOWEVER-- the settlement terms are AWFUL. You can receive $350 MAX, broken down this way:

$50 (total) for 2 unsuccessful repair attempts (which means you've likely laid out over $1000 already in repairs)
$50 (total) for parts and labor
$250 (total) for property loss or damage

It's simply awful. But if you want to claim this, I've attached the info below. Email the form to alternateclaims@lgfridgesettlement.com

I think there may be another class action being pursued by Olimpio Lee Squitieri of Squitieri & Fearon LLP. The Kenmore Refrigerators Class Action Lawsuit is Marriott, et al. v. LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc., Case No. 2:20-cv-14514, in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. I've reached out to the attorney but he hasn't returned my call yet. lee@sfclasslaw.com 212-421-6492

Attachments

• 9-17-20+LG+-+Sosenko+-+Kenmore+Settlement+Agreement_Pltf+executed.pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2020-10-16+LG+Kenmore+Claim+Form+-+Formatted.pdf
    146.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2020-10-16+LG+Kenmore+Notice+of+Settlement+-+formatted+WEB.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 39