FIXED Kenmore Elite HE3T F06 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoman

Premium Member
Replaced motor - still flashing 'F06'

The motor came today and I had some time so I swapped out the motor, and ......I still have the F06 error code. After getting the error the door is locked and I go thru gyrations to find some way to get the door unlock.

When I start the machine it starts flashing '45' or whatever timed cycle I choose, and continues to flash until I get the F06 error. Sometimes it displays an odd amount of time, depending on what button I push.

I've checked all the connectors, and performed the component checks. Everything seems okay, except I'm getting the following:

11.82 ohms (instead of 15 ohms) for the Heating Element Relay Solenoid.

121.3 ohms (instead of 60 ohms) for the Door Lock Solenoid.

I've tried to test the MCU, but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. I've pull the Motor Connector cable off and am inserting the test probes onto the contacts on the circuit board. I'm getting a reading of infinity (instead of 6 ohms) for testing points 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3.

My next questions:
  1. How do I put my machine (Kenmore HE3t, model #110.42932200) into the Diagnostic Test mode?
  2. What should I do next? Swap out the MCU?

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
I have a Kenmore Elite HE3, model number 110.45872404 that gives me an F code but with no numbers. Any idea what this is for and where do I start looking for a solution. I really don't want to just call the repair man. Thanks to anyone who can give me some ideas.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats very strange, you should have a number beside the F.

Does you washer do anything at all?

Try unplugging it for 5 minutes. When you plug it back in listen for a click sound, if no click sound then its the CCU.

Here's the CCU for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: 8182687

If you purchase this part from our link and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 365 day FULL refund, less shipping, when you return it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
sorry, my mistake. My wife just said it has an F code but didn't note what the number was. We are using it today and waiting to see if it does it again so we can see what happens and when. Of course, now that we are watching it, it is working fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Figures, when you want it to fail it doesn't.:)

Just keep us posted then when it does.:)

Jake

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
OK, after running several loads it malfunctioned again. It did it during the spin cycle after the wash. It is the F06 code. It seems to do it when there is a heavy load in the washer, like towels, and does it during a spin cycle when it is unbalanced. Would that indicate any particular part to be at fault? Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check the wire harness that goes to all your connectors on the Motor, MCU, and CCU. I have seen a loose wire connector do this F06 error.

I went back to check others that had the F06 and they either replaced the MCU or the motor and that fixed it.

Now you should have a tech. data sheet inside your washer after you remove the lower front access panel below your door. It should tell you how to ohm the motor. I'd do that second after checking all your connections.

Here's the motor control unit(MCU) for your model:
Control Board W10756692 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's the motor for your model:
Drive Motor 8182793 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
Thanks for the help. I checked all of the connections by wiggling them and pulling some of them off and re-installing them. We have done several loads of laundry on separate days and it seems to be working fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

gocanucksgo

Premium Member
Jake, help. I pretty much have the same prob as the rest of the folks on here. Start the cycle, generally on handwash ( it will complete the full cycle 40-50% of the time), the washer will generally go all the way till about 5 mins remaining. When it goes to drain the water it kicks it into the F06 code. So then I do a drain and spin, where it either completes the cycle (again 40-50% of the time) or it says 12 and flashes, drains a bit of water, flashes 12 again...then eventually F06. Also I have noticed sometimes the lights on the front panel will blink randomly. I have pulled off the bottom plate and the MCU was out of its mount , from vibration I assume. So I checked all the connections and remounted it properly. I have checked all connections at the MCU,CCU and motor. I also put a meter on the motor and everything seems good... So that being said what part do you think in your expert opinion that I should replace first to cure this F06 problem???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Whats the model# of your washer? Its located inside the door.

The F/06 is:
Drive Motor Tachometer Error
The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.

So if the motor checked fine, then its the MCU thats bad.

Here's the motor control unit(MCU):
Control Board W10756692 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
Thanks for the help. I checked all of the connections by wiggling them and pulling some of them off and re-installing them. We have done several loads of laundry on separate days and it seems to be working fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Well, the washer worked for a while but then started doing the F06 code again. I found that if I wiggled the connection on the motor it would work for several weeks and then do the F06 code again. A couple of weeks ago it started doing it and wiggling the motor connections wouldn't cure it like before. I removed the top of the machine and checked all of the connections on the control board up there and it worked for a couple of loads. I noticed that it seemed to run longer on the first load we would do and that when I checked the connections on the motor the motor was warmer than I thought it should be so I thought that maybe when the motor warmed up it was loosing a connection somewhere. Since other posters here had replaced the motor to cure this problem I bought a motor (used) and installed it but that has not helped at all. Do you think I should try the motor control unit next or the CCU on top?

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
The used motor that I installed didn't work as well as the original. It first flashed the F06 code at 0:51 minutes so I unplugged the machine to reset the computer and when I restarted it the machine would run for 3 minutes and then flash the code again. It did that several times. Finally I put the original motor back on and it ran from 0:38 minutes down to 0:20 minutes before flashing the code. I cancelled the code by pushing the "Pause" button twice and restarted it on rinse and spin and it ran to 0:01 minutes and then flashed the F06 code again. Any recommendation on what to replace next? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

txdoitmyselfer

Premium Member
Thanks, I will try that. I ran another light load and it went all the way through to 0:01 minutes and then flashed the F06. I tried another load and it only went 2 minutes into the cycle before it stalled.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, most members find after they replace the MCU it fixes it.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.